intake o rings??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadmax

Reaction score
are the o rings that seal the intake to the head special? in other words do they have specific "crush properties" for lack of better terms or some special properties that require the specif use of the o rings yamaha supplies, i have bought a set of o rings that fit in the grove perfectly, however they are a bit thicker than the ones i removed, factory stock, so will it matter? the new ones are just a bit thicker, so ?

Last edited:
You risk snapping a ear off the intakes if o-ring thickness is to large. This is a fairly tight fit groove for that o-ring. That means as the o-ring is crushed from the compression of the intake being tightened down, it has no where to extrude out to that a correct size ring does. So the flange of the intake will require more torque to fully compress an o-ring that the only place it can go is between the intake & head surface.

I work with o-rings & the tight tolerances required for a proper application in my regular job as a mechanical design engineer.

Gary

Back