Interested in nos kit for 03

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miker

Reaction score
Would anyone happen to know a good nos kit and where to get one for a 03? Thanks in advance!:ummm:

I used the Nitrous Express 60005P system. Check out this thread... it's a little long, but has lots of pics and "lessons learned" in it. I can help make brackets if you want to use this system.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=2718&highlight=morley+muscle+nitrous

Either myself or Morley can probably get you a good deal on this if you are interested. We really need 1 more person to order a kit to save some $$.

Jeff

I used the Nitrous Express 60005P system. Check out this thread... it's a little long, but has lots of pics and "lessons learned" in it. I can help make brackets if you want to use this system.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=2718&highlight=morley+muscle+nitrous

Either myself or Morley can probably get you a good deal on this if you are interested. We really need 1 more person to order a kit to save some $$.

Jeff

Jeff what kind of money are we talking?? Complete kit, Options offered?
Thanks

Would anyone happen to know a good nos kit and where to get one for a 03? Thanks in advance!:ummm:

There is no such thing as a particular part number for the VMAX. You will need a kit that is for a 4 cylinder.
I am using NOS brand made by Holley. You will need to perform minor fabrication work for it all to work.

Jeff and I can duplicate his kit but it's not what many would consider cheap. I do have a small HP kit that would work fine. It's mounted currently into an airbox so mostly hidded. I think there is a picture on here somewhere. I would sell that kit for quite a bit less. It would be good for small HP increases (say 20-30) which is still quite noticeable.

Sean

Jeff and I can duplicate his kit but it's not what many would consider cheap. I do have a small HP kit that would work fine. It's mounted currently into an airbox so mostly hidded. I think there is a picture on here somewhere. I would sell that kit for quite a bit less. It would be good for small HP increases (say 20-30) which is still quite noticeable.

Sean

IMO 20-30 HP isnt a real noticeable difference in the seat of the pants. When I first installed my NOS kit (WET Fogger) I started off small which is considerd the 23HP shot and to be honest I couldnt really feel it, or should I say it wasnt what I was expecting when the button was pushed.
Last time I ran my NOS I was running pretty large jets to feel the difference on the street, which picked my 1/8 track mph from 99-100 to 111-112 mph and et from 6.90's to 6.40's....
NOS isnt a cheap setup if you install it correctly. Figure the kit, low pressure cutoff switches, filters, holley blue with regulator fuel pump, qaulity gauges fuel and nos pressure and other odds and ends your looking at around 850.00 1000.00 not including upgraded hoses which are an extra 200+

No specific "kit" for the Vmax yet. Look for systems that are for 700cc or larger-4 stroke motors.

I've been playing with/running the squeeze in several of my bikes since around 1984. I've ran a basic setup, two-stage, three stage and electronically controlled setups.

My only advice is prepare to spend a little bit of coin. Nitrous is not a place to cut corners. You can build a setup inexpensively (not cheap) and will perform. Look around at the many kits out there.

Don't be confused by terminology, like "Fogger", "Annular" and others when it comes to nozzles. These are just, in a nutshell, a descriptor. (ie, fogger - sprays nitrous and fuel together, dry nozzles- just spray the nitrous annular - mixes the fuel and nitrous in a radial pattern etc..).

There are many good nozzles out there and some do out perform others but again your dealing with cost and I doubt your going to be putting a 200+hp shot in your bike. for an example, currently Cold Fusion's Preditor nozzles are out performing many others such as thier own standard and annular nozzles, NOS soft plume, NOS B nozzle, NX Shark nozzle, TNT 90 degree nozzle and the Nitrous Works 90 degree nozzle, they are also running in the neiborhood of $50 each.

Solenoids are just as diverse as the nozzles, there are great ones from NX, NOS, ZEX.. etc as well as a few industrial versions that can be found. and like the nozzles these can vary in price from around $40 all the way up to a couple hundred for the high end versions.

Take a gander at the parts you need for a basic kit. The switches, lines, bottles, solenoids, fuel filter, fuel pump, regulator, nozzles and jets.

When doing your looking around, don't be afraid of looking at industrial supply shops. many of the solenoids and switches used can be found there and alot of the time you'll find they are either the same solenoid or better, they just don't have the fancy decal (or accompanying price markup). I'm currently playing with a system of pieces bought from various places. Using parts from NX, Wizards of NOS, Cold Fusion, and a local fitting shop.

If you want to know more, look up the Bergerman www.nitrous.info, I've traveled alot of avenues building/designing kits for motorcycles and snowmobiles, but this guy litterally wrote the book on nitrous theory, application and design.

Last edited:
O.k.... I should double check to see if the prices have changed this year, but here is what we can do.

For a little under $800 you will get the following:
2.5 lb bottle
Fuel Solenoid (Lightning model)
Nitrous Solenoid (Lightning model)
Fuel Pump
Fuel Pressure Safety Switch
Micro Switch
Fuel Pressure Gauge
Nitrous Pressure Gauge
4 - Pirhana Nozzles
Jets for 40, 60, 80, and 100 HP shots
Stainless Steel Bottle Bracket
Shower Heads for the fuel and nitrous
4AN SS line to connect the bottle and solenoid
Black NXL Line that will run from the showerhead to the nozzles (this will eliminate the hastles of routing the bulky SS lines and looping them like I did with my setup. (should give a much cleaner look and will give you more options for mounting the solenoids)
And some other fittings, clamps, relays, switches etc.
Here is a picture of the regular 60005P system, but with the package I'm putting together it will not have the 8 SS lines (the NXL line replaces it, and you will get a few more goodies to make it a more complete kit) but this is a good reference pic.
60005.jpg

I can custome make some brackets up to hold the bottle, solenoids, etc. PM me if you are interested. I need at least 2 people to confirm before I place an order.
Thanks,
Jeff
319-461-8969

[SIZE=-1]3021-NOS[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Nitrous Kit, Turbo 750cc and Larger 4 Cylinder - NOS[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]$624.37[/SIZE]

Attachments

• NOS KIT.JPG
    NOS KIT.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Back