Iraqi war hero

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemax93

Reaction score
I was reading through Dave's thread about WW II and the talk of war hero's. At the same time I was listening to a local radio show. They started talking about a new HBO documentary that deals with the Iraqi war. I think it's called "Only the dead see the end of war". On the radio show they said a good part of the documentary had to do with a local guy to me, Buffalo/ Rochester area. He took out 5 or 6 guys alone, at least one hand to hand. His name was David Bellavia. He and his wife are on the radio here, and are very public people, living life in western NY. He received the Silver star, Bronze star Medals. He also wrote a book called "house to house". The video is a brief description of the battle. Very interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2emcyHO9Xk

Very sobering and thought provoking video....thanks for putting it up Tim! :worthy:

I Thought the same thing about the video, Danny. It changed some of my perspective. Another thing about Bellavia and many, many other soliders. They've gone through these things, And We can walk past them at the Grocery store, or a restaurant and have no Idea what they've been through.

Thanks for posting Tim. These heroes that walk among us and those that have walked on carry a heavy burden of things that shouldn't be seen by anyone. May God bless each and every one of these brave heroes!
:flagwaver:

True American heroes. We owe them everything. The struggle of the foot soldier is seldom shown.
Being in a fight for your life changes you forever.

Back