jet sizes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnlee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me and show me with pictures what the jet sizes in a stock vmax should be? I am ignorant and slow so please don't tell me the main jets are 155 and then no more . Paj1, Paj2 and the jet in the float bolw ar what I am after . What gives the best performance with out screwing up the bike in the long haul. I have UFO exhaust and have tried dynojet stage one but I think I screwed up the performance,runs like a dead dog now. Thanks for all. Shawn

What do you need pictures for? Just curious to what you need.

Main: Mikuni 152.5 (jet on top of jetblock)
Pilot fuel: Mikuni 37.5 (in jet block)
PAJ2: Mikuni 170 (behind slide diaphragm)
PAJ1: Mikuni 90 (top of carb next to main air jet)

Try 150 main jet and one .020 shim on the needles with everthing else stock. Thats what im running and it works good.

I remember asking about jetting my bike, but was talked out of it because the stock down pipes out of the head are too small and restrictive, and jetting will not improve power.

Can anyone verify this?

I remember asking about jetting my bike, but was talked out of it because the stock down pipes out of the head are too small and restrictive, and jetting will not improve power.

Can anyone verify this?

You can improve power SLIGHTLY by going to 150 mains....but thats about it. MAYBE a couple of hp.

Thats because the Vmax was set up slightly rich from the factory.

Just by going to an aftermarket exhaust full exhaust your looking at about a 5-7 hp gain.....to put it into perspective.

Latest posts

Back