Jon Cornell's turbo VMax is on ebay motors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the Ebay listing
A golden opportunity is knocking. Or , maybe we should say a chrome one. Jon Cornell, owner of UFO Performance Products (PlanetVmax.com) , the largest builder/supplier of HotRod Vmax performance parts in the States is putting one of his personal bikes up for sale. Jon is an obsessive-compulsive collector of many different kinds of motorcycles . Each and every one of his bikes are in a constant state of evolution. They are never "done" . "Let me just do this, add this , paint this , chrome this." Well...............CHROME-THIS got a little, wee bit out of hand this time....... Jon is not known for selling the bikes he builds to ride himself. A lot of the builds start out that way, but somehow they never get put up for sale......just ask his wife. "Honey I'm gonna buy this one and tear it down for a custom build then sell it for profit." She knows better. Her response is "Yeah right........just like the last one and the one before that and.......6000 square feet of collection later..........nothing gets put up for sale.........ever. Matter of fact , just this past summer he went one step further. He found THE first bike he ever built to ride and show in 1978 right here on ebay and well you guessed it .........bought it back.
I wonder if he will buy this one back or not

It went up to US $10,675.99 and didn't sell due reserve not met. I wonder where it will reach this time.

My bike was owned by Jon at one time. The previous owner told me that so that's how I wound up getting involved with him before I ever knew about this forum. Hell I even went to his house and shop and put biometric locks( fingerprint) on both places for him. All was great, I drove up, put the locks on and met his wife and kids and toured his collection. I even sat on both the chrome bike and the record setting Gen II. But then when he started having a problem with one of the locks he just turned on me and hasn't answered a phone or email since. I told him I'd send it back and replace it but he hasn't given me that option.

Well, you found the "true" side of Cornell. When there are problems don't expect any help (or not much anyway). We redid nearly all the chrome on your bike since the original owner didn't like how "yellow" it was. Virtually every part on your bike we redid.

Sean

I wonder what's wrong with that bike. "Where's the car fax?"

First he says he never sells his bikes (EVER), and that he even tracked one down and got it back.
Then he offers this one for sale.
I guess this one isn't worth keeping! :ummm:

I don't believe for a minute he buys back every bike he ever had when I was there he had a few bikes for sale and like I said MY bike was owned by him at one time. I'm sure the only reason he bought that bike back was maybe it was one of if not his first bike of whatever kind it even was. But believe me i'm sure he wants a mint for it.

I've already spotted the obvious bullshit.
My mother used to call me a bullshit artist, and you know what they say. Takes one to know one.

SPOTTED! :rofl_200:

You saying I'm full of shit? Ask Sean Morley if Cornell NEVER sell his bikes. You must think Jons a real God don't you? I really don't care if you believe me or not. I'm done.

You saying I'm full of shit? Ask Sean Morley if Cornell NEVER sell his bikes. You must think Jons a real God don't you? I really don't care if you believe me or not. I'm done.

i don't think anyone insinuated that ed...

did john own your bike before or after hercules?

Nah mate. The other way around! I meant Jon might have been spotted. :biglaugh:

I think that telling us he NEVER sells his bikes, in a bike ad, is *ahem* less than accurate.

Sorry you thought I was having a go at you! I didn't even think of that.
There's no bullshit in your posts. Quite the opposite.

I've sent you a PM explaining where I'm coming from.

Ed,
So you were a little jumpy about this topic!
Don't sweat it.
It's pretty easy to interpret what I said both ways. It wasn't clear.
I don't get the "terrible lie" thing either. OK, somebody owned the bike before you. So what? Pfft.

That's my 2 cents spent.

... I found this Site and Sean was looking for the bike because apparently the previous owner owed him money. WTF!!

The previous owner had a heart attack and died. It wasn't intentional to owe Sean money. Just one of those situations where the kindness of one takes a shitty turn. I'm sure Herc would have paid the bill if he would have survived.

Well after talking to Sean, I must say I feel much better dealing with Sean than John. I would have bought from John, but the money was up there and I have not found VMF at the time. After much reading here and elsewhere. I contacted Sean and he has helped me more in few minutes than I would have ever thought. And everyone on here is been great also, all the information.

Don't know the man and I've never done business with him so I got nothing bad to say about him. I started a thread in the V Max Market section a few days ago called 'Bad Ass 1985" that was the E-Bay listing for this bike.It was deleted as a "duplicate"???:ummm: Isn't duplicate a copy of the original? Anyway ,except for the rear fender,which someone mentioned on the original thread that's a fuck'n bad ass bike.I could picture an extended,widened stock fender really setting it off. Still curious on the reserve price.
Mike

Back