Just got a Morgan Carbtune!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
With the falling British Pound, I got a Morgan Carbtune shipped for $82.39 USD!!
And Godzilla is way overdue fora carb synch..

Congrats on the Morgan. I got mine several years ago, and never regretted it. Had the motion pro before, but like the Morgan better.

The carbtune got here today. Got those 4 little restrictor pipes inserted into the rubber hoses. I got a number of little black adapters along with the unit. If memory serves me, the hoses fit right onto the vacuum nipples on the manifolds, right? I don't need the adapters, right??

The carbtune got here today. Got those 4 little restrictor pipes inserted into the rubber hoses. I got a number of little black adapters along with the unit. If memory serves me, the hoses fit right onto the vacuum nipples on the manifolds, right? I don't need the adapters, right??

Correct, it is plug and play on the Vmax. I imagine the adapters are only required for different/lesser bikes :punk:

I got the Carbtune set up and had a go at it. The left cylinders were very closely matched, as were the right ones. However, the left and right sides were way off. A bit of fiddling with that adjusting screw got all 4 carbs to within one division on the scale of the Carbtune, and the bike runs GREAT!

Still got a bit of popping in the exhaust when I chop the throttle completely closed at speed. No popping at all at idle - 1200 RPM. But the bike runs so smoothly, I'm not complaining.. Maybe a tweak of the idle mixture screws is in order.. Richen them a bit? Or lean them out?

If anyone in the area needs a balancing job, let me know. I'd be glad to lend the tool to someone in Western NY..

Back