Justified? use of firearm

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad they got that asshat....last I heard he was still 'in the wind'!

Probly fortunate he didn't use his 4,000# vehicle and take the whole family out.....he sounds capable of it!

I don't think self defense will fly. You see these kind of people on the road; ultra aggressive driving, angry demeanor, etc. I try to keep clear from that type when I see them on the road especially when traveling with my daughter in the car. I've done plenty of dumb things road rage wise in the past after getting cut off, but fortunately came to the conclusion that life is just too short for that kind of thing.

Praying for the family of the little girl, I don't know how you bounce back from such and event.

If I get mad at another driver on the road, I feel that they won by getting me mad so I just chill out and let it pass. Like Tex85 said, live it to short to waste time being mad at an idiot.

What a reckless p.o.s. to open fire on a family over being cut off in traffic. Hope he rots in prison thinking about that little girl's life he cut short. Does NM have the death penalty? Or do they have have a governor like NY's that will blame the firearm, not the suspect!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That's a GOD awful mess right there. That family is messed up for life..
I can bet, this is not the only incident this ass-wipe has been involved in.
He took it too far this time, and look what happened.

Being cut off, during a 2 mile stretch on highway in NM, and he thinks its OK to open fire on a vehicle?

Shit.. People like that, better had better keep their asses out west, and never come to NJ or NY.. You can be cut off, 30 times, just getting from the toll booth, to a tunnel or bridge entrance.

This gentleman no doubt will claim he had the constitutional right to defend himself, his family, and his truck, against violent 4 yr.olds.
May she rest in peace.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/22/us/child-road-rage-killing/index.html

Please go back and reread the story Miles. The shooter was in a car by himself. He couldn't claim toad squat in regards to defending his family or his truck, much less against any 4 yr olds.

The man in position to attempt protecting his family or his truck was driving with the 4 yr old, and not shooting at anyone.

Me thinks you read too fast and formulated this OP too quickly.

Please go back and reread the story Miles. The shooter was in a car by himself. He couldn't claim toad squat in regards to defending his family or his truck, much less against any 4 yr olds.

The man in position to attempt protecting his family or his truck was driving with the 4 yr old, and not shooting at anyone.

With all due respect, my initial comment was intended as total sarcasm, Jim.
OF COURSE he can't a claim a "self defense" stand - regardless of what transpired previously, (on the road, during the "cutting off" episodes), the end result was that this fellow used a firearm to purposely try to kill the driver, firing while following, apparent from the bullet hole in the back window of the victim'e truck. The driver was not hit , because his daughter's skull got in the way of the bullet's trajectory.
My intent re posting this - why did this person have a firearm in the vehicle in the first place ? Most people would agree, even if he was a "licenced carrier", he went way overboard by using his weapon during an obvious road rage incident. It's true - "guns don't kill, people kill". But if this person didn't have a gun, this 4-yr. old would still be alive.
Opinions???

+1. I don't know why you had to put a "self defense" spin on this tragedy Miles? Well actually, I do! The POS shouldn't have bail. For 65k cash, a sicko is back on the street to do something like this again. That would be something reasonable to comment on. I'm all for the death penalty on this one, if possible. May this poor girl rest in peace.

With all due respect, my initial comment was intended as total sarcasm, Jim.
OF COURSE he can't a claim a "self defense" stand - regardless of what transpired previously, (on the road, during the "cutting off" episodes), the end result was that this fellow used a firearm to purposely try to kill the driver, firing while following, apparent from the bullet hole in the back window of the victim'e truck. The driver was not hit , because his daughter's skull got in the way of the bullet's trajectory.
My intent re posting this - why did this person have a firearm in the vehicle in the first place ? Most people would agree, even if he was a "licenced carrier", he went way overboard by using his weapon during an obvious road rage incident. It's true - "guns don't kill, people kill". But if this person didn't have a gun, this 4-yr. old would still be alive.
Opinions???

So, this sicko wouldn't have what it takes to run the truck off the road or ram it? Or go in swinging anything else lethal? He was intent on carrying out his uncontrolled rage. Time will tell if he had a legal right to carry a firearm or purchased it under the laws in place. I suspect this incident will further fuel the fires of the anti-2nd amendment crowd before the poor child gets a proper burial. To me, that is just wrong.

+1. I don't know why you had to put a "self defense" spin on this tragedy Miles? Well actually, I do! The POS shouldn't have bail. For 65k cash, a sicko is back on the street to do something like this again. That would be something reasonable to comment on. I'm all for the death penalty on this one, if possible. May this poor girl rest in peace.
Read my last post, Steve. I'm amazed that anyone could have taken my initial comment seriously.
I'm not trying to be a "troll", by intentionally upsetting folks. Just attempting to emphasize that there are others on this forum with more "moderate" opinions re gun ownership and use.
Cheers!:punk:

Read my last post, Steve. I'm amazed that anyone could have taken my initial comment seriously.
I'm not trying to be a "troll", by intentionally upsetting folks. Just attempting to emphasize that there are others on this forum with more "moderate" opinions re gun ownership and use.
Cheers!:punk:
Didn't see it before posting the second time Miles. I'm sticking to motorcycles on this forum. Politics isn't exactly the glue that binds us together here. We're both entitled to our opinions, I realize. To clarify, I didn't take you serious, but absolutely did as a troll. Back to my opinion and politics. This will be my last post on politics or opinions of anything similar to this. See where it gets us?
Steve

Not stepping on anyones toes i hope but i got your sarcasm as i was first reading it miles.
After the old farts excuse of getting stung by a wasp was self justification for almost killing 2
i think it is a wake up call for bikers and cagers to keep on their toes even more so today.
$65,000 gets him back on the streets after a confession of murder is pretty pathetic and the judge wants "cash".

$65,000 gets him back on the streets after a confession of murder is pretty pathetic and the judge wants "cash".

Bail is $650k, missing a zero. Hardly chump change and since it is cash only no bond I highly doubt the guy has that kind of cash laying around short of him being some sort of drug kingpin.

Won't surprise me if it turns out the guy was carrying illegally....most folks who go thru the CCW drill value the carry privilege and are a good deal more responsible than this fuck!

The amount paid by the accused on a bail bond depends on if he/she is likely to run ('jump bail'), the charge(s), their prior record, and whatever else the bail bondsman deems pertinent to the amount. He may not find anyone willing to write him a bond if they suspect he will leave. Yes, a 10% charge is a customary cost of getting the bond, and that is the fee to 'walk free.' Think of it as the service charge, non-refundable. The bondsman may also request more money against the bond as collateral if the accused fails to comply, and 'jumps bond,' in which case, the bondsman then has ownership of whatever was pledged as collateral. That's where Steve McQueen in "The Hunter" comes into play. Anyone who ever saw that remembers the way he was such a crappy driver, and how he returned his rental Trans-Am to the agency after apprehending the brothers he was after.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRZDSvsdZ8A&feature=player_embedded

I believe you only pay 10% on a cash bond.

Ah, didn't know that. I guess fortunately I have never needed such knowledge :punk: I have seen a few bounty hunter TV shows but they don't seem to talk about the money aspect, just finding and arresting the guy/gal.

She could have been obamas child...cant wait for the politicians to jump into this fire...:bang head:

Ah, didn't know that. I guess fortunately I have never needed such knowledge :punk: I have seen a few bounty hunter TV shows but they don't seem to talk about the money aspect, just finding and arresting the guy/gal.

Not that i have either-but being in the process serving business helps.

Latest posts

Back