Laser engraved a Glock today

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olds Guy

Reaction score
This is the first one I have done, still learning my settings...

Attachments

• GLOCK.jpg
    GLOCK.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 85
Doesn't appear you have too much to learn still.:confused2:
That's totally Awesome work. Think this is gonna
make you a lot of money to feed the Mod Monkey.
Congrats......:worthy:

It looks great but then after some handling, the image was hard to see. The coating on a Glock is freaking hard!! I need to do the other side and turn up the heat. I seen it first done by another and he gave me a heads up. To go over all 3 sides you need to make a fixture, not sure if I can do that for all the hand guns out there. I will mostly offer it to do on the sides of the slides. And I do have a FFL!

Attachments

• glock slide.jpg
    glock slide.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 46
Nice Job!

Is this a Thermark dye with a CO2 laser?

Almost looks like a hydrographic.

37a06e4a72d6cb27621f1ed829bbee81_XL.jpg

It is the Glock finish that I lasered into. I was not hot enough and the image dissapered after handling it. I am going to redo it soon. I did it with my 75 watt Epilog Co2

So your not using thermark or cermark?

You won't be able to engrave the slide with a C02. I have a yibbertium fiber yag and with that cranked up for us to do and engraving ( not an etching ) it takes around 40-100 loops of 2 passes and 1 outline to get .010 deepth into a Glock slide.

Shoot me an email I am sure we can bounce some ideas around. I ve been deep laser engraving guns for 8 years or so.

Todd

It is not going into the metal. It is more of of burning the coating on the gun. It like when I do AR's, it changes the color of the coating to a ash gray.

When the guys in back (they rent space from me) get the Haas in, I am going to do some different stuff - different then your work. I was a programmer and project manager at a job shop before I left there last year. I have some ideas for some simple stuff on the slides - but different.

Awesome and good luck!

Do you have a website?

Not a lot of gun guys here, but it always nice to have diversity!

Let me know if I can ever help out.

Todd

Back