Lifting Front End

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have crash bars put it on the center stand, sit on the back of the passenger seat (which will pick the front end up) and have someone slide a couple jack stands under the crash bars.

Or put it on the center stand and jack the front up with a small bottle jack under the motor.

I have a sumular lift and Honda Valkarie---- made a sturdy wooden "attachment" and it allowes the lift to work perfectly. Haven't tried it on the Max yet but theMax would rest on the pipes if there werent some adaptor. I've used Danny's method many times.
Lew

Since the pipes protrude under the frame I was told using this type of lift would damage the pipes with the weight of the bike...:ummm:

I tried sitting on the passenger seat, nothing happen; must not have enough lead in my a$$:biglaugh:

If you want to get real clever, screw an eye bolt into the floor, put the bike on the centerstand, attach a ratchet strap to the grab rail and eye bolt and ratchet the back down.

I've seen different posts on here where guys have said lifting on the pipes is no problem, maybe just put some foam or something to protect from scratches.

Last edited:
That jack will not damage the pipes but if you run the engine while the bike is on the jack the hot pipes will burn the rubber on the jack.

Rhoy, I believe it was Michael who told me not to use this type of lift under the bike because the weight would crush or damage the pipes :confused2:

I am somewhat confused now, has anyone lifted their vmax in this manner?

Rhoy, I believe it was Michael who told me not to use this type of lift under the bike because the weight would crush or damage the pipes :confused2:

I am somewhat confused now, has anyone lifted their vmax in this manner?

I have the same type of lift and I lifted the max with stock pipes and with my HMF exhaust - never had an issue.

Mike

Hello, my name is KJ and I'm a pipe lifter. oops, wrong group :biglaugh:

I use a similar lift, 'cept mine is a craftsman. No issues with lifting. I even left it up on the lift for a few days with no ill effects.:clapping:

82990313.jpg

Okay :hmmm:

If you folks say it will not produce any damage to the pipes lifting the bike off the ground with this type of lift, I will give it a try.

Thanks for the feedback and Merry Christmas; wish everyone good health and a prosperous new year as well.

Back