Low oil indicator light

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decter

Reaction score
Hello all,

Noticed that my "Oil Level" indicator lights comes on for second or two when I am really hitting it on the throttle. While I understand that nailing the throttle makes me and the bike pull a few g's, I thought I'd ask the combined experience of the forum if there is any other issues which I should be aware of which could be factors.

Also, the oil level is full and the bike has no leaks.

Thanks,
Nick

Common issue. The bike uses a "level" sensor for the light and not a pressure sensor. Sensor is at the front of the pan so when under hard acceleration the oil moves away causing the light to come on.

Hello all,

Also, the oil level is full and the bike has no leaks.

Thanks,
Nick

By saying "the oil level is full".....you don't mean to the top of the sightglass, do you? If so, too much oil. Should be no more than halfway, with the bike on the centerstand and on a level surface.
Cheers!

Ok, so nothing to worry about then.

No, it is filled half way up the glass per the manual. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something as I am still learning the in's and out's of this bike.

Thanks guys

Some people is the warning light as a "poor mans" dyno. If the bike is making good power, then this will happen. If your not making good power, then the light wont come on.

Happens with mine in the same manner......no big deal.....just shows you're riding it the way it's supposed to be ridden!!!!!

Latest posts

Back