lowering the vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bibrot

Reaction score
I want to know the best way to lower a 2002 vmax. Can I just lower the rear with Progressive shocks? What length shocks should I get? Can I lower the front by just dropping the tree?

With stock wheels and tires no larger than 170 on the rear you can use 11.5" shocks and lower the front a couple inches. It'll look great but keep in mind it'll drag in the corners sooner.

You can drop the forks in the tree's but without better springs you run the risk of smacking the radiator with the fender under hard braking. I'd lower them internally.

Chris

yes its best to get an internal lowering kit but i lowered the front 5/8" and ran it like that for a season before getting the internal kit.

progressive runs deals where u buy a set of 440 shocks get springs (stock length or lowered) kit for free sometimes...

Rear shocks OEM are 13". You can get aftermarkets (such as Progressive) in 12.5, 12, or 11.5".

Bear in mind that as soon as you go lower, even just 0.5", it will become much harder to get your Max on its center stand, and you'll have to think about cutting down you side stand or you will run the risk of the max toppling over at the smallest gust of wind.

Looks good lowered, but ground clearance is a pain, unless you do straight line only.

Touche on all the info above. I run progressive springs up front lowered one inch and 11.5in progressive shocks 95% of the time. I cut my side stand down at least an 1.25in. I dont run a center any more. NO JOKE HE-MAN COULDNT GET IT ON THE CENTER STAND! I dont bottom out, and on the street gotta throw it into a corner pretty hard to scrape pegs. When Im doing a deals gap trip, or actually throwing it at some twisty roads I swap back out to stock rear shocks.

Touche on all the info above. I run progressive springs up front lowered one inch and 11.5in progressive shocks 95% of the time. I cut my side stand down at least an 1.25in. I dont run a center any more. NO JOKE HE-MAN COULDNT GET IT ON THE CENTER STAND! I dont bottom out, and on the street gotta throw it into a corner pretty hard to scrape pegs. When Im doing a deals gap trip, or actually throwing it at some twisty roads I swap back out to stock rear shocks.

i run the same config and have no problems with the centerstand?:ummm:

Latest posts

Back