VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jennicalaura

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2004 V-max and I am looking for a luggage rack. The bike came with a sissy bar and I think it is the yamaha one. I would like one that fits the sissy bar I have rather than replacing the sissy bar as well. The only rack I can find is for the 09-10'. Does anybody know where I can order a rack that fits or have a part number?

The Gen I's factory rack is a discontinued item. Most often you'll find the rack and sissy bar being sold as a package and at a premium price. Keep an eye open though you may get lucky here on the forum on E bay or Craig's List. Good Luck......

BTW: Welcome to the forum.....

They show up on eBay quite often. Just be sure you get the brackets also as they rarely show up separately. The rack and brackets were sold separately at the dealer.

Thanks for the help. Can the Gen II rack be fitted on there? My concern would be width or distance between the bolts.
Otherwise I've found one made by a German(?) company, Fehling, that mounts separate from the sissy bar.
http://www.fehling.de/index.php?content=preise&markenid=12&lang=eng
The problem is that I can only find european companies that sell them...

Gen 2 rack won't fit. The Fehling rack won't fit with the factory sissy bar. Set up an automatic eBay search for a Vmax / V-max luggage rack and one will show up in no time. I sold a new one in the box for $100 several months ago. Mine didn't have the brackets though. You should be able to find a used one with brackets for less than $150, maybe less than $100. Takes a little patience though... :biglaugh:

I guess I'll be patient and watch ebay. I haven't worked with metal before, so I won't be building my own. In the meantime.. 280 mile ride today and I think a new seat has moved up in priority anyway. Sean, I'll have to shoot you an email about those seats you build.

Latest posts

Back