made in the USA?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cool1442

Reaction score
Was talking with friends and trying to think of how to help the country's economy, and came to the conclusion that we should buy made in the USA whenever possible. As I was taking grief for my Japanese Vmax, we decided to list ten things we were positive were made in the USA that the average guy could buy. I was embarrassed that I could only come up with TWO! Some handguns and some whiskey, and then maybe some riding leathers. Help me not feel like a dumbass and add more to my list please.

How about a few long guns like the Barrett .416 and 50 cal. I know a comapaY here in Reno that makes special medical measuring and testing equipement that is exported world wide. Starrett measuring tools are some of the worlds best.
Oh, and how about those fine,light,fast, good turning Motorcycles made by the Hardly Drivable Co.:biglaugh:

I have bought a lot of parts for my Silverado from Summit Racing. And I always ask for American made products! So far, I haven't bought any foreign parts from summit.
We buy all our fruits and vegetables from the local stand in town.
And I absolutely refuse to shop at Walmart! All the crap they sell is from China.
So if you really want to help OUR economy... Stop shopping at Walmart. Find a small local store Like Ace Hardware. Our Ace Hardware has just about everything we need. Yeah a lot of it is from China too. But they have American made products too, you have to check for it. And they are really good at ordering something if they don't have it.
I have a link at home I'll look up tonight and post it here which was a list of companies and business that specialize in American made products. I use it often!
You can't always buy American... But with just a little prior thought, you can find a lot of Good American made products.

I think you are going to be hard pressed to find many things that are completely made in the US, but they are out there. I think Polaris/Victory machines are very close to being "Made in the US" they make their own plastics, engines, frames and many other compoents... the tranny for their 4-wheelers and side by sides is about the only major component/assembly that I know comes from over-seas. (maybe tires and wheels too)

I can't remember who was telling me this, but I have heard that some furnature is made on a ship 200 miles off the coast of the US (open waters) even though the materials come from the US, it is manufactured and assembled on a ship then sent back to the US... not sure how true that is, but I could see it happening if you looked at labor rates of some of the low cost countries.

I really hate to use places like Wal-Mart, but I still find myself there too often. It seems like every time a new Wal-Mart opens, it forces other shops out of business. I didn't have much of a problem with it when Wal-Mart was buying "Made in America" products more often, but that went by the wayside a few years ago, and left a bitter taste in my mouth. I also understand that Wal-Mart does help your dollar go farther, but I still try to buy elsewhere when possible.... Sorry if I am offending any WalMart employees out there... and it probably doesn't matter if I do buy somewhere else... the item is still probably made overseas, so maybe I'm just wasting money.

Jeff

Here's a great site!

http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/

Down with Wal-Mart!

My G/F and her parents shop there because it's cheap... I don't care... I will pay more to shop some where else... Target or a local company. I realize all the companies sell foreign goods including us but our would be more European or Canadian goods then Asian.

I've got a couple pair of Lucky Jeans and they are made in America... They are also VERY expensive unless you get them on sale. (which I do) lol

Chris

I look out for American made goods all of the time. Since I wear T-Shirts often when I ride, I always look for good clothing deals. American Apparel has a daily special on shirts through the shirt.woot web site. With the daily special, you can get an American made T-shirt for $10 shipped. I just picked this one up a couple of days ago.

http://shirt.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=5034

Its funny the Harley, guys still think their bikes are all made in the USA,my buddy with the vrod pulled that one on me one day,I shut him up quick with"your frames made in France,forks in Japan,swingarm Switzerland, your engine engineered by Porsche in Germany and your bike uses all metric bolts So?" Boy the look on his face.The truth hurts doesn't it!

BEEEEEEF!!!!

I believe That's supposed to be BEEEEEF CAKE! BEEEEEFCAKE!

http://www.youtube.com/v/TkDxwew7vjY
object%3E

Latest posts

Back