Master cyl rebuild kits

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxcruzer

Reaction score
I removed the guts from both my clutch and brake masters and stuck the parts as they came out to a piece of tape so they wouldn't get mixed up. I just got the new parts, no picture of course Yay! So I go to the manual for procedures and STOP! My order of parts is NOT the same as the manual. So could someone who's done this rebuild please straighten me out before I jam these rubber parts and springs in backward.
Pictures would be helpfull.

Last edited:
HOLY SHIT!!!! Why didn't I think of that?
I love you man...can I have one of your Bud lights?:rofl_200:

Whats worse is there's a rubber seal that obviously goes on the piston but its gonna be a big stretch to get it over the ridges. How stupid.

Sure, but any old cup will work it doesn't have to be a Yatzee cup.

Oh, you mean after I figure out this mess? OK. LOL
I'm researching it and will try to get my clutch to work tonight. Then on to the brake, of course its different.

Sure...that'll work fine...you do all the 'heavy lifting' I'll just tag along for the free knowledge!! :rofl_200::worthy::rofl_200:

Well shit! I hope I don't screw this up...Don't want to take you guys off the road with me.
Just kidding, its coming to life slowly and I'll report when I'm certain its right.

Well shit! I hope I don't screw this up...Don't want to take you guys off the road with me.
Just kidding, its coming to life slowly and I'll report when I'm certain its right.
Just so I do it right I will also use your tape trick to track the teardown and will keep my trusty clymers close at hand.

Brian ,
I am bummed out now! what you will use Kenny's tape trick. But you could for the very least keep the Yatzee cup on stand by. LOL
Kenny Post some picks of the taped arraingment and your PC's I might beable to help

Scooter

I rebuilt both the clutch and front brake M/C's recently. Just followed the procedure in the Hanes manual. I might have a problem, though: I've mounted them both but there is no fluid in them yet. When I depress the clutch lever it springs back to the starting position normally, but when I pull the brake lever its like there is no spring pushing it back. It just stays depressed. I'm sure I put the spring in there! I'm wondering if it just does this because there s no pressure from the fluid. Should I try filling it to see if it works, or is this definitely a problem with the way I rebuilt it?

Brian ,
I am bummed out now! what you will use Kenny's tape trick. But you could for the very least keep the Yatzee cup on stand by. LOL
Kenny Post some picks of the taped arraingment and your PC's I might beable to help

Scooter
Ha Ha, keep yer chin up Scooter, I'll get the yatzee cup out, but just to warn ya, I hate that game! If someone yells YATZEE! and parts go flying there's gonna be hell to pay! :rofl_200::rofl_200:

I rebuilt both the clutch and front brake M/C's recently. Just followed the procedure in the Hanes manual. I might have a problem, though: I've mounted them both but there is no fluid in them yet. When I depress the clutch lever it springs back to the starting position normally, but when I pull the brake lever its like there is no spring pushing it back. It just stays depressed. I'm sure I put the spring in there! I'm wondering if it just does this because there s no pressure from the fluid. Should I try filling it to see if it works, or is this definitely a problem with the way I rebuilt it?

can't speak to the vmax stock ones but my fjr brake master sprung back without any fluid in it. i'd double check your work, sorry.

I think you're right Garret...

I'll take her apart tonight and try again. If I get er working right I'll post pics in the How To

Ha Ha, keep yer chin up Scooter, I'll get the yatzee cup out, but just to warn ya, I hate that game! If someone yells YATZEE! and parts go flying there's gonna be hell to pay! :rofl_200::rofl_200:

Well if the parts go flying don't throw me under the bus because of the Yatzee cup. LOL

Gannon

OK, I finally got some time to figure this out. After alot of digging I decided I'm going with the following order on the clutch side. All pic's and web forums on the subject are pointing to this.
Tomorrow, the brake side.

Attachments

• clutch side 003.jpg
    clutch side 003.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 29
Kenny,

I think you have it correct. Sean would be a good person to chime in. But I think it is correct.

G

Whats scary is this is NOT the way I pulled them out, and it worked. Going off of the mechanics of the plunger system it makes sense to go this route.

Back