max power's Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks GREAT! Like VMID said, add them to the garage to help people looking to mod their bikes. Take a look at some black bar end mirrors! I went for a bit of the street fighter look and went with a left handed black bar end mirror.

So your running a front radial and a rear bias?

I like what you did. Looks cool and mean, but dump the stock mirrors - IMHO

Just wondering, can one get the hindle 4 into 2 ? I like the cans on both sides, just for the balanced look.

I won't be doing any expensive mods for a while, I have to pay for a funeral. Any money I had saved is now gone. But that's my problem...

It's good to see other Vnuts putting in the effort to make their bikes look, sound and ride better. A-1 man.
Ride safe and proud, you got a great looking bike. :clapping:

Oh no. front and rear radials. Avon Venoms.

Garage add done.

OK I'm a bit lost as the rear doesn't look like a radial side wall...:ummm: It looks taller in the pics like a stock rear wheel and tire... What size rear wheel and tire combo did you go with?:confused2:

Well, maybe I'm wrong. They are stock rear and front wheels and the guy at the bike shop said they were radials but after reading your post, I checked them and they don't actually say radial on them and Avons site doesn't say one way or the other. If that dude ripped me off, there will be hell to pay.:damn angry: I'm calling him tomorrow.

All I can say for sure is they are a huge improvement over the stock tires which were like riding on wood.

OK I'm a bit lost as the rear doesn't look like a radial side wall...:ummm: It looks taller in the pics like a stock rear wheel and tire... What size rear wheel and tire combo did you go with?:confused2:

You're cruel Chris!:biglaugh: But I like ya:eusa_dance:

Well, maybe I'm wrong. They are stock rear and front wheels and the guy at the bike shop said they were radials but after reading your post, I checked them and they don't actually say radial on them and Avons site doesn't say one way or the other. If that dude ripped me off, there will be hell to pay.:damn angry: I'm calling him tomorrow.

All I can say for sure is they are a huge improvement over the stock tires which were like riding on wood.

You're cruel Chris!:biglaugh: But I like ya:eusa_dance:

I wasn't trying to be cruel at all...:confused2: I was thinking one of two things happened... He found that someone makes radials for the stock setup (stretch) or that some stealer screwed him and told him they were radials (happens too much) The Avons are nice and if you're happy with them, then that's all that matters! :thumbs up:

I wasn't trying to be cruel at all...:confused2: I was thinking one of two things happened... He found that someone makes radials for the stock setup (stretch) or that some stealer screwed him and told him they were radials (happens too much) The Avons are nice and if you're happy with them, then that's all that matters! :thumbs up:

Sorry, it wasnt about the tires. I was refering to the comment you made in the garage.:whistlin:

OK so I got hosed. (not really since I had 5,000mi on the original tires and they sucked) I wrote to Avon and they got right back to me with this:

Thank you for contacting Avon Tyres. We have a Venom and a Venom R. The Venom is a bias or bias belted construction and the side of the tire will say Venom X. The Venom R is the radial and will appear on the side of the tire as Venom R. The size on the tire will have an R in it 180/60R16. The bias would look like this 180/60-16 or 180/60B16 for belted. If you see an H,V,Z, or W included in the size, that is just the speed rating. I believe that bike originally takes bias tires. Hope this helps and let me know if I can do anything else.

Thank you for supporting Avon Tyres and ride safely.

Jesse Priel

Avon Customer Service
c/o Hoppe & Assoc, Inc.
PO. Box 5112
Lynnwood, WA 98036 USA
Tel: 800-624-7470, Fax: 425-771-4246

I have Avon Venom X tires on the original rims, so they are not radials. still much better than stock. I dont really think that the guy tried to screw me, I dont think he knew any better since his is little more than a chrome shop and this is only the second Vmax hes had in there.

Any way, I'm happy with the modifications so far. the bars were very neccessary and the exhaust sounds awesome. All of this is the result of an accident where some jackass pull out in front of me and then stopped when he saw me causing me to lay it down so as not to t-bone him. It caused cosmetic damage that I repaired with improvements and allowed me to do what I've needed to do since purchase so I guess it was a blessing as it would have taken a long time to do out of pocket.

cheers

Back