Mechanical violator

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1st Shirt Maxer

Reaction score
Received my vMax model today from Tawain. I'm going to paint this the way I want to have my own painted so I can see what it is going to look like. Already started with painting the frame and swing arm blue. This model is awesome and very detailed just can't get over that title.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404799008.918805.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1404799046.332455.jpg I'll keep you all updated on the "build"!!!

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant
554 RED HORSE Sq, Guam

Looks like fun I would like to see it when your done.

I like the name..sounds like a serious "adult"..."Toy".

;)

Finished the rear wheel, brake assy and swing arm. Got the rotors on the front tire and some of the engine done. Man those split cases were a bear to assemble(sarcasm). I can't believe the detail on this model. Had to assemble the oiling manifold under the intake and next are the front forks, calipers and tripple tree. I found it pretty cool that the rear axle is an actual screw an the wheels turn.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404852715.189237.jpg

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant
554 RED HORSE Sq, Guam

I think I'm gonna try to start his sucker up soon...so sitting around waiting for a typhoon to hit has me spending time on the model. All I have to say is that the level of detail has me smiling and cussing at the same time. My hands shake really bad and tring to get the horn in the right spot sucks but it is cool that the horn and the swing arm pivot bolts are actually separate parts.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405072171.276791.jpg

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant
554 RED HORSE Sq, Guam

I'm amazed at the detail....and the drawings are engineering quality, very impressive.

Please don't send me those carbs to work on tho......:biglaugh:

I'm amazed at the detail....and the drawings are engineering quality, very impressive.

Please don't send me those carbs to work on tho......:biglaugh:
+1, very detailed. Looking good so far and I like that your using it to see what paint colors to use on your full size Vmax! :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Crimp fix done, The steering head bearings are nice and snug thanks to Sean Morley's youtube video and now I have a rolling chassis. New plug wires, and brake rotors are on, next will be the air box with the K&N and the cover with custom Gages. Hopefully I'll be able to fire this thing up by Monday.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405159723.907752.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1405159736.448135.jpg

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant
554 RED HORSE Sq, Guam

I built a model Roadstar back in 2003 - like yours, one of those incredibly detailed ones.. Painting it the exact color of your full sized Max is cool, that's what I did with the model I built.

To completely finish the model, I took a good digital picture of the license plate, and cropped out just the area of the plate. Then I resized it to fit the plate holder on the model, sticking it on with a dab of glue - or maybe I printed it on a sticker and just stuck it on.. Long time ago...

Attachments

• Resize of Roadie4.jpg
    Resize of Roadie4.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 20
  • Resize of Roadiemotor3.jpg
    Resize of Roadiemotor3.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Resize of Roadieback.jpg
    Resize of Roadieback.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Back