Michigan getting close!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2fear

Reaction score
Temps are warming up and the snow is melting! Spring is in the air and my 05 Vmax will be waking soon from it's first Michigan hibernation, (it was raised in Texas for the first 5 years and 1800 miles). We just need a good rain to wash off the roads and a million pot-holes filled, then it's time to ride! I posted a couple of pictures of our progress.......

Attachments

• cold 002.jpg
    cold 002.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 20
  • cold.jpg
    cold.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 20
Awesome! Our snow's been gone for some time. Tomorrow I'm syncing some carbs on a friends brother inlaws Midnight Special.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

Upper Peninsula of Michigan report: It rained for about a 35 minutes yesterday and it started to wash the road but quit so we are left a white hazed road for now. We still have a foot of snow in the yard but it's slowed down melting due to the temps dipping back down into the low 20's the next few nights. I have about 80' of mud to go through to get the bike out of the basement so going have to wait a while longer.
Here's a pic from 6 days ago, 3/13:
IMG_1307.jpg
Picture taken today, 3/19:
IMG_1314.jpg

Last edited:
Rode 100 kms yesterday and another 30 today here in Ontario! I hope Sunday is nice enough for another spin!

Blaine

Sorry guys it snowed three times here this year lasted about a week them melted
My max is at the surgeon getting the tranny done and freshend up so it will probaly still be a month or two

North Dakota is still pretty crappy, but I took my '01 around the neighborhood and nearly got frostbite on my fingertips yesterday.
Our roads are clear of snow and ice, but we are probably getting more in the next couple of days, BOO.

North Dakota is still pretty crappy, but I took my '01 around the neighborhood and nearly got frostbite on my fingertips yesterday.
Our roads are clear of snow and ice, but we are probably getting more in the next couple of days, BOO.
Not good news! Normally we get the weather you get but I'm hoping the great lakes will just turn it into rain. Our roads are clear of snow/ ice but have sand/ salt still on them so we need the rain to clean 'em up. I have about 80' of mud between me and riding so I'll just wait a while longer.

Right now all the pea gravel from 6 months of sanding the roads is the biggest obstacle.
Ambient daytime temps are in the 33-34 F range, so there is def more standing water and mud than there is ice at this point. Hopefully, we don't sent too much crappy weather over to Da U.P.

Michigan uses just a sand/ salt mixture with no stone in it at all. When I lived in the state of Washington they used that stone mixture and I didn't like it. It seems to have a sand blasting effect on paint and I ended up get a few stone chips on the windshield but that may have been unrelated.
SD is definitely colder than us here in da UP as we have big bodies of water all around us to keep us warmer. I just looked at the extended weather for the week and they are calling for snow and temps into the single digits, typical this time of year. Mid April at least before I will get on the road is my prediction.:confused2:

Motorcycles are riding all over my area now, but it will get colder before it gets warmer. As tempting as it is to get it out of storage it's still a little early and I would have to reorganize my garage, and I'm sure not ready for that.:biglaugh: The weather man said the cold and some rain is on it's way, and we need some rain to wash down the roads... Hey, it's raining now.:clapping:

2fear i am 2 hours east of you and i have 200 miles on my max already. the only month i missed this winter was feb due to the bike been totaled by the insurance company. but it is back and all good to go.

2fear i am 2 hours east of you and i have 200 miles on my max already. the only month i missed this winter was feb due to the bike been totaled by the insurance company. but it is back and all good to go.
Sounds good! I'm more of a fair weather rider. :biglaugh: The way the gas prices are now I'm ready to park the truck and get on the bike.

I was out for a ride last weekend, sunny and 45 down here in Troy, but old man winter has made his return today - snow, sleet, ice, freezing rain and rain. Guess that's what they call a wintery mix. Anyway, my bike died on my ride and I had to trailer it home. I think it's the side stand relay or associated connections, just haven't had time to further diagnose it. The roads are really took a beating this winter. Tons of pot holes and gravel on the road.

I hear ya Doug. Here in mid-Michigan, we just took a HUGE step back into winter with 6 + inches of heavy wet snow on the ground since last evening ... and it still hasn't stopped :damn angry: Crap... just when it looked like spring was on it's way with a few short rides in last weekend. All I could do was to go out to the garage, covered the bike again and reattached the battery tender. On the plus side .... I think my new Maxgasser seat arrives today. Ah... that lifts my spirits. :eusa_dance:

Yeah you guys got pounded up there. My in-laws live in the Flint area and got blasted too. Let me know how you like the maxgasser seat. I was thinking about getting one since I don't like the gray/black color scheme on my '94. I was also considering the muscle seat from Sean. Is the maxgasser lower?

Yeah you guys got pounded up there. My in-laws live in the Flint area and got blasted too. Let me know how you like the maxgasser seat. I was thinking about getting one since I don't like the gray/black color scheme on my '94. I was also considering the muscle seat from Sean. Is the maxgasser lower?
The first part of July there is a Vmax Owners Association meet in Paw Paw (S of K-zoo) that Jeff, Nate and myself will be leaving from the East side of the state (Midland/ Clio/ Flint) to attend. You're more than welcome to come along even if your not a VMOA member.
There will be many different seats to say nothing of all the different modded bikes that will be there. Also, if you are having any minor issues there will plenty of experienced Vmax mechanics on hand to talk to.

Michigan VMOA Paw Paw / July 8 - 10 (Not sure of the Hotel as of yet, but I will ask around)

Thanks for the info Brian, that sounds like fun. I'll place it on the calendar

Latest posts

Back