missing oil plug?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odie1

Reaction score
I removed the valce covers to do my valve adjustment and have noticed one of the oil plug things on the top of the camshafts is missing. I was not paying attention when i removed the cover so I can't say if i knocked it out or if it was never there.

I pulled another plug to look at it and noticed how deep the plugs are. I kinda doubt the plug could have fallen into the camchain gap into the lower block. I can't find the plug anywhere on the garage floor or in any nooks or cranies on the bike.

what does this plug do? it just seems to kinda keep oil directed onto the cams or keep the excess flowing the right direction and trickle back to the bottom of the case.

Other then access for the head bolts through the cams I am not sure what the engineering use is. I have plenty of them - just send me an email with the normal request and info.

Sean
[email protected]

this is the rubber plugs on top of the cam bearing caps underneath the valve covers. not the rubber plugs for the valve cover bolts. Still looking around the garage floor for the plug. I got too much junk in the garage, lol...got 3 bikes parked outside for working room

Correct. The rubber plug in the top of the cap. If you remove the plug from the cap and roll the engine around just right you can actually run a long allen through there and torque the cylinder head nuts.

Sean

Damn Japs are pretty ingenious....sometimes, lol....wish they were a little more clever with making the valve adjustment easier.

Back