missing VIN

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richwrench

Reaction score
Hey all, if a VMAX has no VIN stamped on the steering head , is it likely that it had the frame replaced or do you think it could be stolen ? Are there any other VIN stamps on a MAX ? I read that Yamaha replacement frames have no VIN. Has anybody ever run into this before ?

Hey all, if a VMAX has no VIN stamped on the steering head , is it likely that it had the frame replaced or do you think it could be stolen ? Are there any other VIN stamps on a MAX ? I read that Yamaha replacement frames have no VIN. Has anybody ever run into this before ?

They probably don't come with a VIN but I believe you have to stamp the old vin into the neck...

One2dmax should know right? :confused2:

Not sure on a new frame from Yamaha. I thought it came with one. More then likely if you don't have either the sticker or the stamped number in the neck - it was probably filled in then painted or powder-coated.

I've filled them in myself when I didn't have a title from an abandoned/parted/impounded bike. Then used a good title from a wrecked frame or have the state issue a "custom built" title.

Sean

Up here when engines or chassis are swapped there is a "reconstructed vehicle" form that is filled out, makes things nice.

I haven't looked on the max, but with Yamaha's old XS11's the engine had the same s/n as the frame.

Back