money troubles for Johnny Depp while earning $12 million+ a year

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
I live and work close to where Johnny Depp was raised. I know his father, with-whom Johnny didn't have the best relationship, given the articles about their difficulties. I used to go see his rock band The Kids before he made it into popular national attention via 21 Jump Street, and the Freddy Kreuger/Nightmare on Elm Street movie. They played at multiple south Florida locations and had quite a following. http://www.johnnydepprocks.com/TheKids

One of the clubs where I saw Johnny Depp play lead guitar, still a teenager (circa 1981).

billy-yeager-johnny-depp-treehouse.jpg

This article puts Depp's real estate holdings at $50+ million. He owns islands in the Bahamas, a huge villa compound in St. Tropez France, multiple residences in Los Angeles, you get the idea.

This article says Depp earned $25 million in the last two years from his Captain Jack Sparrow role. However, he's in danger of not being liquid-enough to pay his monthly debts. It says he "spends $30,000 a month on wine."

Depp and his former managers are now suing and countersuing. Depp's side alleges he was forced to pay $8 million in penalties and etc for taxes over a number of years, and those responsible for his finances there often wasn't enough cash available come tax time to settle his tax bills. Whatever the truth, it's going to make some legal firms a lot of money, and probably reveal a lot of interesting information about the spending habits of one of the most-successful movie stars.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fe...sis-insane-story-his-missing-millions-1001513

The St. Tropez France compound

the_many_places_depp_calls_home_1_embed.jpg

Depp's Bahamas island

the_many_places_depp_calls_home_2_embed.jpg

How can I put this so as to be subtle...Fuck You Captain Jack and the Black Pearl you sailed in on...:looser:

:git::th_flipthebird:

how the hell can a guy have financial problems with a career like that... my god. And he aint the only one... how do they do it? really...

btw I saw on youtube a couple yrs ago, Depp playing guitar with Marilyn Manson on some late night show or some shit, search for it...

Drop tuning, bar chords, he sucks at guitar.... as if that's supposed to make me feel better about it.. lol.

how the hell can a guy have financial problems with a career like that... my god. And he aint the only one... how do they do it? really...

btw I saw on youtube a couple yrs ago, Depp playing guitar with Marilyn Manson on some late night show or some shit, search for it...

Drop tuning, bar chords, he sucks at guitar.... as if that's supposed to make me feel better about it.. lol.
I heard depp blows money on ridiculous shit. Like millions on shooting Hunter s Thompson's ashes out of a cannon. And boat loads on wine every month.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Back