Moto seems too LOUD when the vboost kicks in. Help !

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just landed back home. Thanks for patience and for all the Help

In answer to some of the other questions

The sound is very hard to describe further. Instead, I will record an audio file this weekend and post it. Thanks for that suggestion
I will also note the exact rev range as requested
The noise does NOT happen in neutral.
Thx for the clarification on vboost being air not exhaust. I have not yet checked the air box and intake boots and fittings. Will advise
I will also check the down tubes.

Thank you all !!!! I will post an audio file ASAP

Leaking exhaust or downtubes? Are downtubes tight? If it leaks somewhere, I think more revs = more noise maybe? Just rev it while parked and kinda feel around with your hand, you should be able to feel gases coming out of leaking point, if there is any.

ya i'm leaning towards something be loose that is benign at lower revs, but when you enter the 6-8k rpms the motor starts to vibrate the connection at some resonant frequency exacerbating the rattle.

If it's a loose, or cracked INNER liner on one of your downtubes, you won't be able to see anything wrong with it from the outside. Only hear a rattle when the RPM's make it rattle. If you were to take that exhaust downtube clear off the bike, you might be able to see the crack on the inside.

All the obvious clues were spelled for an easy diagnosed to any season Vmax owner. I can't you guys didn't pick up on right away. Obviously a broken, stretched or out of adjustment carb chain.
We can fix that at Tech Day in about five minutes, we're that good !

Carb chain? Honest injun?l

PATMAX, THANKS

Coincidentally, although it dyno'd fine, the tech said it needed a carb sync.... Which I
authorized it and I will get the bike back tomorrow...

Can I assume that in order to sync the carbs that the tech would have discovered a broken or stretched carb chain?

Carb chain? Honest injun?l

PATMAX, THANKS

Coincidentally, although it dyno'd fine, the tech said it needed a carb sync.... Which I
authorized it and I will get the bike back tomorrow...

Can I assume that in order to sync the carbs that the tech would have discovered a broken or stretched carb chain?

Usually after you fix your carb chains, you go Snipe hunting :eusa_dance:

All the obvious clues were spelled for an easy diagnosed to any season Vmax owner. I can't you guys didn't pick up on right away. Obviously a broken, stretched or out of adjustment carb chain.
We can fix that at Tech Day in about five minutes, we're that good !

YES, YES, OF course!!!!!.....How did that NOT come up on page one ???

Carb chain? Honest injun?

Carb Chains are to New VMax owners as Board Stretchers are to New Carpenters.
Take a minute and really Think about it.

"Apprentice plumber, gimme a left-handed monkey wrench!"
"Apprentice electrician, I need my watts-mop, and don't bring me the ohm-sponge!"
"Goll-ee d'ya see those white bucks the surgeon is wearin,' all-covered in blood? They look jes' like a butcher's!"

Ryanneal, consider yourself officially initiated into the arms of the brotherhood. LOL. The guys had me adjusting my carb chains my first days as well. ROFL

What's the latest news? Did you record the bike on the dyno?

don't dyno bike with winter air in back tire. Inaccurate readings :biglaugh:

My first thought was u guys were joking me, then I convinced myself otherwise.
Funny vmaxers u r.

Picked up bike. FREAKING weird... But sound was diminished, notably.
I'm going to flog it some more and advise further, with recording if necessary...

Also, the dyno was done in a chamber at the dealer. Mild weather day.

Please stay tuned, wise guys.

R

You guys are regular comedians.

I think Irregular is a better way to put it:eusa_dance:. When I first got my bike I would have a similar situation as you. My bike would get louder in the ehaust, but it was more of a vibration noise, not actual exhaust sound. The factory pipes are double wall, and mine inside pipes were free and vibrated at certain rpm's. I drill a small hole in the outside pipe an ran a small sheet metal screw in, and it kept the inside pipe from vibrating/ making noise. Just a thought.

Great tip on the screw, thanks.

Ok, so I got the bike back from the shop.
They dicked aroun with the fan, removing and reinstalling as to see if that was the culprit. They also synced the carbs... And I looked like an idiot when I suggested carb chains. Thanks again, clowns. Anyway, have ridden only 15 miles, and the noise is greatly diminished. I can't explain it. I am hoping for a longer tide within the next couple I weeks , so I can better info then

They also synced the carbs... And I looked like an idiot when I suggested carb chains. Thanks again, clowns.

You rock Ryanneal! :punk::punk::punk:

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
1288051282o5J4Zh.jpg
384424f0719ac7128d.gif

Back