Muscle jet kit questions..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamorg02

Reaction score
hey sean,

couple questions/thoughts on your jet kit that maybe others have wondered.

you use a similar oiling system as the stage 7. Why do we need the oiling system hooked up to the fill area with the airbox when its not there stock? I think i understand why the stage 7 needs it as the airbox is gone.

the reason I ask is my 'fill line' the new line going from the T to the fill area is always wet and has oily condensation on it. it is extremely loose fitting at the T as well and I was thinking of either getting rid of it and capping off the T and just using a normal 'fill cap' or either putting a hose clamp on it. however the barbed fill cap is starting to flake off since its always wet as well.

You can do without the extra addition of that hose fitting/assembly. What it's doing is using the intake of the carbs to create a vacuum in the crankcase to help ring seal and more power. This was 1HP and 1lb of torque in testing. But, road testing felt like it was just a bit more then that.

Sean

i don't mind keeping it at all, just the fact its always oily was making me curious, maybe a tigher hose would work better..

How much for a new barbed fitting? what finishes do you have?

Strange, I've never had any of those issues with my setup from Sean. Not understanding how the fill cap is flaking? Is yours billet aluminum?

Never had a leak at the tee or at the fill cap. Only hose I noticed to get loose was the OEM one that connects to the bottom of the airbox. I put a hose clamp on there and its been fine. Makes it a bit of a PIA to remove/install the airbox though. Gotta take the coolant reservoir off and use a long 1/4 drive spinner handle with extensions and 1/4" socket to work the hose clamp.

its a chrome cap and the chrome finish is flaking off.

yea the airbox hose stays on pretty good but puting a hose clamp on the other one is probably pretty easy, but not sure if that would fix the 'condensation' issues?

Chrome eh, mine is just plain finish aluminum.

Might want to just replace your hose with something from the local autoparts store. Make sure it is rated for fuel and/or oil and up to about 250 degrees. Mine was about $6 for a 24" piece.

from what i see the -10 is 5/8" which i think is what i am running. i think i need 1/2" though with how loose it is everywhere. the -10an isn't loose at the T?
No, mine is not loose but I have a SS clamp on it. This is not a great picture but you can just see the clamps on the SS hose -> tee connection and factory breather to the bottom of the tee fitting. The SS hose has hd shrink wrap over the end of it.
IMG_0658.jpg

Back