Muscle Kits at Sea Level

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarriorR6

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Anyone have a good setup at sea level with the Muscle Kit? I've been playing with it for awhile but can't quite nail it down. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

i think i'm a few hundred feet above sea level:

155 mains..
2.5 stage 7 needles
a/f set all over the place
177 PAJ2s
vboost always on.
stock springs
drilled slides

155 mains..
2.5 stage 7 needles
177 PAJ2s
vboost always on.
stock springs
drilled slides

Thanks Garret. Did you keep the Vboost on because you liked that way or did get rid of a rich spot in the middle?

I am at sea level in FL and here is how I have my Muscle kit set up.

Mains: 157.5
Stage 7 needles with clip on 4th from top
A/F screws about 3.5 - 4 turns out
Morley springs
Slides not drilled yet.

I am still a little sluggish on the 2k - 3k rpm's so I will be making some changes.
Above 3k, Hang on!!!

Especially with Seans DD clutch mod.

Last edited:
i am at sea level had to go with 162.5 mains and 1 shim under stock needles. i have a kerker with comp baffel bike runs

155 mains..
2.5 stage 7 needles
177 PAJ2s
vboost always on.
stock springs
drilled slides

Good guess 285.5 feet above sea level

I too am close to sea level and have Marks pipes.
and I am looking for someone who has a simular aet up
Just don`t feel like taking the carbs apart over and over again.
(I have the muscle kit from sean)
<<Dave>>:punk:

I am at sea level in FL and here is how I have my Muscle kit set up.

Mains: 157.5
Stage 7 needles with clip on 4th from top
A/F screws about 3.5 - 4 turns out
Morley springs
Slides mot drilled yet.

I am still a little sluggish on the 2k - 3k rpm's so I will be making some changes.
Above 3k, Hang on!!!

Especially with Seans DD clutch mod.

Hey Kevin. What are you running in your PAJ2?

I'm playing with the jetting myself today.. I just put the marks exhaust on last Fri. Runs perfect with the stock main, DJ springs, DJ needle on #2 slot, and the DJ 150 PJ under the slide. Today I'm going to put the 165 main in to see if I can get a bit more on the top end.

haha i'll keep my mouth shut. i thought we were talking Mikuni

I have the stage one kit as follows:Updated

drilled slides, 150 pj, 170 main, #3 needle w one shim, and DJ springs, 5 turns roughly out between all four- with stock pj I had to turn out between 6-7 turns out

it's a rocket on hard take offs and everyother senario, rolling from 55 @ WOT seems a bit slower but hey who WOT without down shifting right...lol
may try leaning below stock next since I have tried 165 and 170 now just to see if cruise WOT is more responsive.
I know it pulls better with the 170 main although it is hard to tell with all the blood in your head being slammed backwards

I put mine back to stock and now it runs great again. I think the jet kits are good but you really have to know what you are doing and have all the right things to get it spot on ( like a dyno....lol ) I still think a jet lit adds a lot to a bike but not for mine anymore. Now the next guy can play around with it, my bike starts on Ebay at 7 PM PT Sat.

Back