my carb sync tool really worked !

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojo2667

Reaction score
this thing really worked today ! it looks like shit (not painted very well) but the dam thing worked real good ! the carbs were way out, now it runns like a raped ape !

Attachments

• 0326111642.jpg
    0326111642.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 111
Pretty slick idea you had George... Probably works better than my Manometers work....

this thing really worked today ! it looks like shit (not painted very well) but the dam thing worked real good ! the carbs were way out, now it runns like a raped ape !

Could you go into some detail , George? Materials used, and method of use? Is that basically four individual valves, on a common header, with one vacumm gauge?
I have been considering purchasing a manometer, but I would much rather make up one myself. I've run across a few plans so far, all very inexpensive to construct, but can't decide on which one to try. The most simple shall prevail!
Thanks in advance, Miles

its just 3/4 " box tube welded on both ends 1/8" pipe thread taped holes, 4 needle valves 4 3/16" by 1/8 npt hose barbs, had all the stuff at work(glass vial manufacturing) the gauge was not the correct size so i put a 1/4 " by 1/8 npt hose barb and hooked up a regular car vac gauge the valves can be adjusted so their is no flutter and the one gauge dose not have to be calibrated( because their is a difference between mutiple gauges) set everythig to 200 mm hg runs real good what a differance !

its just 3/4 " box tube welded on both ends 1/8" pipe thread taped holes, 4 needle valves 4 3/16" by 1/8 npt hose barbs, had all the stuff at work(glass vial manufacturing) the gauge was not the correct size so i put a 1/4 " by 1/8 npt hose barb and hooked up a regular car vac gauge the valves can be adjusted so their is no flutter and the one gauge dose not have to be calibrated( because their is a difference between mutiple gauges) set everythig to 200 mm hg runs real good what a differance !

Thanks George. I'll make one up!

thanks guys, also i forgot one thing 12' of 5/32 vac hose, got at local pep boys then cut it into 3' lengths

Carb sync tool.jpg

This old thing has served me well for over 30 years now. Cost me around $50.00 back then and I thought I was splurging a lot. Not even sure if you can still buy one with real mercury any more, but they sure work great, and you can see all four carbs at the same time.

Kudos for being able to make one of your own though. I wish I could do stuff like that.

Im confused, one gauge to sync four carbs?
by using one gauge you dont get variences between 4 separate gauges you dont suck anything up and its dead balls, it takes a bit longer because you have to work the valves on and off but all carbs come out great !

Im a bit confused too, how do you set the left side to the right side ??
and, how far do you open each valve ? I would think that you would need two guages to compare one to the other ??:ummm:
<<Dave>>

all hoses leed to a manifold, 4 hoses, 1 per carb, you only have to crack the valves open to keep them from fluttering, since its a common manifold you just have to open one valve at a time and just remember the reading from the gauge from the last carb, book calls for 200 mm hg so i just set them all to that

I was just thinking that, if there were two guages And the manifold was split, then it would be easier to align the right side with the left.
I use my friends Carb Tune manometer Android sometimes it's kinda hard to. Align the two sides.
Dave.

Latest posts

Back