My friend goes 155mph on his '87 CBR1000

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shuriken

Reaction score
Yup. He did it two days ago on a beat-to-heck '87 Hurricane. That bike amazes me. Getting off the Max onto it feels like I am getting onto a dirt bike. Can't find the shifter as it's tucked close to the engine. 6 speeds. Noisy chain. Oil leaking from the valve cover. Something like 48k on the clock. Unreal how that thing just keeps going. Definitely a bike to be added to the "toughest bike" thread posted somewhere else on the forum...

I was looking at an '88 Hurricane on ebay the other day, but the bidding was getting to rich for my blood.:sad2: I would love to have one though. There is just somthing about old sport bikes that I love. Retro paint and round headlights....:drool:

I could have had his bike for $500 a year ago. It was offered to me but I turned it down because I didn't think there would be any way I could ride it under 100. Didn't want the tickets. Aggressive riding position, light weight, 6 speeds.... only one use for it... WOT on any road you find...

Wish I had it now...

Back