My New Toy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

you2low

Reaction score
I Took a lil road trip Saturday well me and my girl did..:biglaugh: well it was fun and crazy lil Adventure:rofl_200: Left Saturday about 2am in the morning and got back Saturday night around 11:30 PM. we went to knoxville TN I drove down and let her sleep cause I knew she was going to drive back I had 2 1/2 sleep friday night..:rofl_200: :bang head: got there around 10am the sun was up and very nice around 80 Degrees that day me and Max (yes his name is Max how cool)talked about the love of the Vmax he had 3 vmax pictures and articles of the max all over his garage and a nitro vtx... one very cool trike vmax and one with a supercharger set up and a sweet 2010 Gen2 that I had to take off his hands..lol.
He was a great guy as was his friend who also had a vmax..:punk: well we talked and laughed and then swapped some money and keys..:punk: before I knew it time was flying by and I was going to ride my new toy home I thought how cool was that going to be:eusa_dance: so on the way we went stopped and fueled up grabbed some food by then it was 2pm so the first 100 miles I was just smiling getting the feel for the bike playing around a lil bit on it. time to stop and get gas so I fueled up Max and was taking a quick break talking with my girl when a Vrod Muscle pulled up at the pump flipping the throttle some and making some noise..:rofl_200: I was like really :rofl_200: so time to make another 100 mile trip to fuel but the road to the intersate 81 was right beside the store with the vrod still there and the ramp was very straight slight slope up so as I made the right turn on to it got a good roll and then Hit it hard as max lit up the 240 tire thru 1st 2nd 3rd as I was getting my arms stretched and smiling screaming to myself YEAH BABY YEAH!! I had to let off ..:worthy: I dont think Mr vrod will rev his lil motor so quick next time he sees a Vmax :biglaugh:
so anyway lil later on I tried a few quick runs down he interstate 5th gear pull is great at 75mph 4th gear pull at 75mph will give you a big vmax grin down shift to 3rd and nail it at 75 and felt like the tire broke loose for a split second and was like a rocket again:worthy: was going Great til I hit the VA state line it was cloudy I could feel the rain coming about halfway mark now:bang head:
yep here it comes the temp was dropping and darkness coming so I decided a different route home so to stay off the back roads with a new bike that im not use to and the dear and animals all over the place So took Interstate all the way about the same time one way is shorter the other more miles but better speed but was raining a lil so straight roads was a better idea ( by the way the head light on the gen2 is AWSOME so bright) So I stayed on I81 had to take I64 to richmond OHHH boy it goes across the mountain 20 minutes in and bam the fog was bad.. It was rainy I was wet and it was getting cold..my girl said she couldnt see me at times cause of the fog:confused2: but I could always see her it did shake her up a lil she thought she got real close to me one time but she never did I could see her the whole time behind me I keep a eye on her..so I made the last gas stop before home about 45 miles to go but gas light was on and had to stop:bang head: took a quick break and set in the warm car a few minutes:clapping: I had leather gloves and my leather coat but was wearing jeans:bang head: anyway 446 miles later I pulled up in my driveway unlocked my shop and put her to rest.. its 11:30pm ran inside took a hot shower and jumped in bed but I think I was smiling as I feel to sleep:punk:

So I guess me and MAX bonded good Saturday..we rode 446 miles did some burnouts had some fun. Spent Thousands of dollars.Rode in 80 degree weather , hit bad weather, Rain, the cold, Bad Fog ,almost 900 mile round trip with lil sleep ..and with all that power max had he was very easy to ride in all that and we both got home safe and sound.
told my girl I will never do that again (but as I paused I looked at her I said)
unless its for a another VMAX:worthy:

Attachments

• new vmax 023.jpg
    new vmax 023.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 59
  • new vmax 021.jpg
    new vmax 021.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 56
  • new vmax 020.jpg
    new vmax 020.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 55
  • new vmax 018.jpg
    new vmax 018.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 60
  • new vmax 019.jpg
    new vmax 019.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 64
  • new vmax 017.jpg
    new vmax 017.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 70
Great Looking Max and a Great Story too !!!!!!!! :punk: :eusa_dance: :punk:

Cool story. .. If he spent just a few more grand, Mr.V Rod could have a real bike. . Oh well.. He could always sell and buy a Gen 1 or 2...

Congrats.

Get used to the pics with your Gen II sitting at the gas pumps - gotta visit more frequently than the ole' gen 1 did.

Oh, and the guy on the V-rod was most likely just trying to keep it from dying. That, or some form of loading up the cylinders with extra fuel to make his after-fueling restart a little easier.

Better order you some lift spools, a lift and a new 240 now. They go kinda fast.

Congrats on the new bike! How was the saddle for a 400+ mile journey? Were you road sore at all?

Back