My ohter ride: 1973 Argentine Dodge GTX Coupe

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tianto

Reaction score
Hi...!

I want to share My other ride!

It is an Argentine only model. A Dodge GTX from 1973. It has a 318 cu in V8 with some mods.

I have it for at least 10 years.

Hope you like it..!

Attachments

• 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 19
  • dscn03520ri_001.jpg
    dscn03520ri_001.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 14
  • GTX1.jpg
    GTX1.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 33
  • GTX2.jpg
    GTX2.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 18
  • gtx-balcarcesm.jpg
    gtx-balcarcesm.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 12
  • gtx-mardeajosm_001.jpg
    gtx-mardeajosm_001.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 16
  • MVC-689F.JPG
    MVC-689F.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 4
  • scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 10
  • scan0004.jpg
    scan0004.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 22
Nice looking ride. Doesn't seem quite right with GTX in the grille and only 318 cubes under the hood , but , "When in Argentina........:punk:

thanks guys..!

Yes, is not even like the american GTX, but here it was the biggest displacement engine you could find stock.

the other brands, only has a 250 straight 6 for the chevy nova and a 221 straight 6 for the ford falcon....

The Argentine GTX is a morph of a class A chassis like the valiant or dart and some kind of looks of the real gtx... I'ts more light than the class B bodys (gtx, charger, etc...) and with the 318 or even the slantsix (225) was pretty fast... (not even trying to compare to tyour dream muscle cars!!!)

Here is a race category called TC ( turismo carretera) that still race's with this cars.. (Falcons, Novas, GTX and Torinos(AMC) ) In early 80's the GTX could easy "flight"at 315 kms/h (197mph) in some open road races with the 225 slant six..! No this category is only circuit races...
Really mad pilots!

To My GTX I have upgraded with forged pistons, a mild mopar cam, edelbrock Intake, Holley 4bbl, more compression, prepared intake and exhaust runners, bigger manual transmission...etc.... Now I have to put a new differential with disk brakes and a locker....etc...

well thanks again for your comments..!

Sebastian

Here is a race category called TC ( turismo carretera) that still race's with this cars.. (Falcons, Novas, GTX and Torinos(AMC) ) In early 80's the GTX could easy "flight"at 315 kms/h (197mph) in some open road races with the 225 slant six..! No this category is only circuit races...
Really mad pilots!

WOW! 197mph? I had a mid '70s Duster in high school that had the slant six in it and I can tell you for sure that the only prayer that slug ever had of reaching 197mph was if I dropped the damn thing out of an airplane.
I don't know what you guys are feeding your slant six's down there in Argentina, but I want some.

Back