My two babes... Yeti and Grizzly

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well lets see... im giving it a try. I have another tail section if this one ends up not acceptable. this one is kinda the trial... Never fiber trimmed on a bike b4, only on cars and RC planes... So far so good. Too bad i do not have more time to spend with it otherwise it would be done already...

Well... Besides the plastic fabrication i've been playing around with my VAIO and SolidWorks and so far i got a rough idea of what kind of triples i'll be making for Yeti. Something like i have below. Nevermind the risers. Those most likely will be bolt on so i can put them or not. What you guys think?...

mesasuperior33.jpg

mesasuperior3.jpg

mesasuperior32.jpg

mesasuperior31.jpg

I have other options though and this is another one it can be considered... I like the previous better. I do not like the bolts showing on the outside (and its hard to clean up the mosquitoes) :biglaugh:

exemplo1b.jpg

exemplovg.jpg

exemplo12.jpg

exemplo11.jpg

exemplo1c.jpg

Those are Roy's Thug VMAX triples. He is a great guy up in Norwich, UK... He is a great CNC fabricator indeed...

Hey Prez
Why do you say that? I might have missed something on this one...
Actually, and according to Roy, these are made for R1 forks (50/54) and mine have at least a 10cm long section with a constant diameter of 54mm... This triples are made in order just to grasp the top (i should say about 1 inch) of the fork tops, and then the hole on top is filled with one of his clamp lids (you can see them on the site).

Did you purchase that tail section from somewhere or did you custom make it to fit your max yourself? It looks sweet I would love to have somthing like it on my vmax. Are you fiberglassing it to make a solo seat?

Did you purchase that tail section from somewhere or did you custom make it to fit your max yourself? It looks sweet I would love to have somthing like it on my vmax. Are you fiberglassing it to make a solo seat?

Hi there. The base for this was a R6 OEM tail section that i cut and worked with in order to get to that. If you want to do it yourself i can tell you how i got to that, pretty simple actually. It will be a solo seater. Both my bikes are solo seaters. Since i crashed in 2004 i never wanted to ride with a buddy in the back, so to speak :biglaugh:
Now im applying several layers of fiber to get some stiffness and then i need to remove the inside so i get the the lower plate fixed with the integrated blinkers.

That would be great if you could let me know how you were able to make it work. I have very limited skills in fabrication but would like to give a try. Keep the pics of the different stages coming its cool to see the step by step transformation of a vmax.

That would be great if you could let me know how you were able to make it work. I have very limited skills in fabrication but would like to give a try. Keep the pics of the different stages coming its cool to see the step by step transformation of a vmax.

Mate

I have a twin thread on customfighters.com. Click the link and it will direct you there. I have a fairly simple explanation of how i did it for another guy that is trying to do it as well on there... Any questions let me know that i'll help on whatever i can...

http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28516

Maybe they will, I dont know .
I have found at least 10 types of USD forks that needs a specialy designed trippe trees. That would be all 10 I've ever had in mine hands...

and whos Roy? which Roy?

Przemek,
Roy is the machinist/owner of billet bike bits. He is the one who makes the triples I posted. I don't know much about them. Just asked if they would work for an '08 busa. He said no problem but he would need some measurements from the bike because he has not done the gen2 busa yet.

I know you've built your own triples and have knowledge on this stuff so when you say it may not work it makes me want to hear your thoughts.

lets keep this on topic going forward folks.

My earlier top clamp 3D sketch had a fail i didn't notice it before. Now its kinda fixed. Thanks to Neil for point that out to me... I started playing around a bit today and i got a teaser just for those who don't know what a 3D modelling program is. Im just a rookie using this software but everyday i learn a bit more. Its just a hobby... I hope you like the little video clip. Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKW7aAa4qWc

Back