Mystery Part

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 5302

Reaction score
Cleaning out the shop after a long cold winter and found this little item on the floor. I had the bottom pan off my Max as well as the carbs, valve covers and the front head. I don't recall ever seeing this. Anybody recognize it? Thanks.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 60
Front wheel flange spacer early style #146-25315-00-00 at least that's what it looks like to me.

I appreciate the replies. I haven't had the front end or wheel off and I didn't get that deep into the motor. The piece was very oily when I found it so I'm wondering if it might be a part of the oil sump.

i I HAVE SPENT THE LAST HOUR LOOKING THROUGH MY OEM. SHOP MANUAL AND CANT FIND ANYTHING THAT LOOKS LIKE THAT WITH THE 2 LITTLE CURVED EDGES , I EVEN WENT OUT INTO MY TRAILER AND LOOKED ALL OVER MY " MAX " EVEN WITH A FLASHLIGHT , AND STILL COULDN'T FIND ANYTHING LIKE IT , AND I JUST PUT 2 NEW TIRES ON AND DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING LIKE THAT , I EVEN DID THE OIL " O " RING FIX IN THE OIL PAN AND DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING LIKE THAT , I JUST CLICKED BACK ONTO YOUR LAST POST AND WENT BACK INTO THE MANUAL AND LOOKED ALL THROUGH THE OIL PUMP & COMPONENTS IN THE OIL PAN AND STILL " NOTHING " . :confused2: . BUT REST ASSURE , IF IT CAME OFF YOUR BIKE , SOMEONE HERE WILL NO WHAT IT IS ! .. EVEN IF ITS OFF THE CENTRAL AIR UNIT FOR YOUR HOUSE OR OFF YOUR NEIGHBOR'S WEATHER-VEIN , SOMEONE ON THIS FORUM WILL NO " TRUST ME " ! .. :punk: PS. KEEP IN MIND , MY BIKE IS AN "06" BUT MY MANUAL WAS PRINTED IN " 2000 " !

Last edited:
i DO YOU HAVE A CARTRIDGE TYPE OIL FILTER OR A SCREW-ON ? . COULD IT HAVE ALREADY BEEN IN THE DRAIN-PAN ? . MAYBE ONE OF YOUR FRIENDS AND OR GIRLFRIEND OR WIFE ARE JUST FUCKING WITH YOU ? .. THE REASON I'M ASKING THIS IS ; I AM WELL KNOWN FOR DOING SHIT LIKE THAT ! . :biglaugh: . :biglaugh: . :biglaugh:

I found similar looking pieces on Virago parts, but not the max. At first I thought it belonged on the stearing head. But now I really dunno.

Pull the cover off the stator cover and if there is not a washer like that in the hole where the flywheel bolt is on the end of the crank thats where it goes.

flywheel thingy was my thought too, the front wheel spacer had a lip around the outside too

the flywheel check is pretty easy and don't need any gaskets or shit

That does go on the stator cover under the insert. Flanges inboard.

Sean

Wow! I did have the stator cover off too. You folks rock! (But you already knew that, didn't you?) Thank you!

Back