" near misses "

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My close call was a 70-mph panic stop on US75, thanks to a landscaping trailer's stopping in front of me - and with no friggin' brake lights. Lucky I wasn't packing heat that day.

For the left-turners in front of me, I've just ordered a headlight modulator, and plan on installing it as soon as it arrives. $100 bucks is nothing compared to a faceplant on some soccer mom's Navigator grill.

Almost anything other than a landscaping trailer man, that'd be like hitting a big cheese grater! :hitsfan:

dan

Almost anything other than a landscaping trailer man, that'd be like hitting a big cheese grater! :hitsfan:

dan

Yup, it had a grated fold-down ramp on the back, and loaded inside with power equipment. I got into the back brake too much, but kept it close to straight and stopped just short of the trailer.

For about a week I had convinced myself to buy the first bike I could find with ABS. That deal with myself didn't last long. :ummm:

Last Spring the girlfriend and I took a roadtrip to Yellowstone on my Max. Came about 3 inches from being run off the road by some stupid bee-otch on her cell phone changing lanes into mine.

I have never riden the same since. Ultra paranoid and constantly planning an "escape route" should the need arise.

I have also found that mounting a pair of auto horns and using them when necessary, has helped me avoid (or rather scared the shit out of and thereby helped THEM avoid) anything close since.

Back