Need a little help here.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the engine as in my motor or the starter motor? I know the bike engines not seized because I've ridden it a little bit after doing some work here and there to it. I've never taken the stator cover off so that part is eliminated.

Take your starter off Nick, and inspect it. Go from there.

Agreed! Remove and check it out of the bike.

I'm thinking a new one is probably due. Make sure you get an updated 4 mag unit.

Get this done before May 22nd so you can join all of us in East Peoria for the VMOA ride. You'll be able to talk to a bunch of max guys and learn a lot.

Chris

i'm trying to get the starter out and let me say... the designers of this bike didn't want you to access ANYTHING on it without having to take everything else off to get to whatever it is you wanted to fix in the first place.

I can't get to the bolts holding the starter it because the hard line from the radiator is in the way. I cant get an allen into the bolt that holds the hard line on because of the frame cross member. I could get to it if I took off two of the big radiator hoses BUT the hose clamps are on backward so I can't get to it.

Anyone have a way of getting the starter out without killing myself or going crazy in the process?

Latest posts

Back