Need carb help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wj3v41

Reaction score
2006 with 4,500 miles
Just started the bike up after about 2 months storage. Seem to start and idle ok. As long as the choke was on everything was good. As it warmed up I started to get gas running out of 1 of the vent tubes that are mounted on top of the air box. It looks like its flooding itself. I have worked on a lot of dirtbikes but these type of carbs are new to me. Could it be a stuck float? Any help? Thanks.....

ya might be, using a soft mallet tap the carb bodies and see if it helps... you can open the drain screw and collect the fuel out of the drain lines and see if you get any crap out of the float bowls....there is a phillips screw on the side and the fuel will come out of the rubber line on the side

On the overflow, tugla is most likely correct. On the idle problem, the small jets in the jet block will be clogged. This is why you need the choke on to run. These carbs do not like being left in storage at all! You can try any of the various methods to clean before doing a real cleaning. (Peashooter, Seafoam, etc). There are lots of sticky's on this problem.

All is well. I removed the air box and blew thru the fuel inlet and it solved the problem. Also tapped lightly with a piece of wood on the float area. Thanks for the help...

running a bit of seafoam in the tank will help in the long run.....

Take a look into your tank inlet w/a good bright LED flashlight. I use one of those mini-lights which use 3 AAA batteries in an aluminum case. If you can see corrosion in your tank instead of shiny-bright clean metal reflecting-back at you, the problem is only going to get worse. You can see the entire bottom of the tank by repositioning your head.

Even a clean tank can become fouled due to bad gas. I am referring to gas which contains sediment from the fuel vending site's tank. Draining your bowl hose into a clean receptacle can show you what if any visible sediment or crap there is in it.

Back