Need help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaritapa

Reaction score
Hi all.
Does anyone have similar symptoms in their VMAX than I do?
The engine is working properly, when I go driving.Kun machine is warming up, then the problems begin. It is as if a cannon shots would pipe up and the machine turns off.
As a consequence, and has not the power start k?yntiin.Pari cigarettes later, again operating normally.
Carburetors have been cleaned many times and does not facilitate ollenkaan.Neulat changed.
Begin to feel that there are already some electrical fault.

Anyone have a similar problem occurred? Or by any information on where to look wrong?
I would be really grateful for the tip, because gray hair is getting too much :)

can you take a video of whats happening?

"Begin to feel that there are already some electrical fault."

I read, after running a bit, I get a big backfire through the exhaust & the bike stops. To me (and as I have said before, I am not a bike mechanic) it sounds like something in the energizing circuit for the primary or secondary ignition gets heated, opens-up a break in a wire, and the ignition stops. Then, after a 'cool-down' period of "one k?yntiin='n' cigarettes" the bike starts.

Well, I am gonna suggest 'replace the ignition module w/one of known good operational qualities' and see if your problems disappear while the replacement ignition box is installed. I don't think you are likely going to find that engine braking is in any way related, but I am not a pro.

You also don't say if this problem continues in a repeatable cycle of ignition failure/restoration to normal operational mode, and if that is the case, do you have spark at the plugs once the bike dies? It almost sounds like a shorting out ignition sensor. Look at where the sensor comes through the side cover and see if the insulation is bad, if the leads are shorting-out (use a continuity tester) or if there is any bare wire shorting-out along its path. 'RaWarrior' has a good 'sticky' in the electrical section you can follow to help you trouble-shoot your bike. Try it.

Check the charging system first, with engine cold and hot. Low voltage does weird things to the tci ignition box

Hello again.
Continued from previous and refinements.
Like I said the engine shuts down and re-firing that started only, and not to visit the source.
I have checked the plug wires and everything seems to be a ok.Plugs uudet.Spark I have not been audited.

I bought a multimeter and look for the problem of whether some on racks mounted on the fault.
Thank you for your tips, I'm trying to find something in these ...

Yeppeeeee!!! I foud the problem :) Thanks my frends frend,ho own -85 original VMAX,and he know everything that bike.
He advice me to move regulator away near the pipes.It`s too hot place that. I move that system under the seat.And that works. I drive about 150 miles today,and engine act like a beast.
Thanks everyone tips. ON THE ROAD AGAIN :)

That's an interesting solution, one I haven't heard of before. Glad it's working for you.

:ummm::rofl_200::clapping:

I am w/"RaWarrior" on this one, "glad it worked for you!" but somehow I am wondering how the stock location has worked for probably 50,000 bikes w/no real problems of a fix requiring relocation of the R/R to solve. Usually the unit just fails, overcharging the battery & causing it to fail, or no output and the battery won't sustain a charge. The connectors are a notorious point of trouble, maybe "relocating the box" required replacing the connectors which actually was part of the problem?

Back