Need Steering Bearings #s

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxcruiser

Reaction score
Does anybody know the bearing #s for the upper & lower steering bearings for an 06 vmax - not yamaha's part #s

Mike

Bump

I know that they are Koyo bearings and that the the bottom bearing has the seal attached.

I called Yamaha dealer and they were asking $60.72 each bearing - ouch!

I found the number on the bottom one and called a friend at a local bearing supply house - exact same bearing - $18.67 - just need to know the bearing number for the top one - anybody??

Mike

Sorry Mike....two weeks ago I couldda fixed you right up, but got them installed and buttoned back up....gotta be someone out there with a head bearing project in the works.....anybody? :ummm:

Not sure if the aftermarket bearing will have the seal which really is needed. I think this has been checked before. I show retail about $72 for the pair. I probably have new ones on hand it's just a matter of remembering to pull the info off a set for you.

Sean

Not sure if the aftermarket bearing will have the seal which really is needed. I think this has been checked before. I show retail about $72 for the pair. I probably have new ones on hand it's just a matter of remembering to pull the info off a set for you.

Sean

Would appreciate it if you can do this for me. Only need part# for the Koyo top bearing. I found the part# for the Koyo bottom bearing and he checked with Koyo and it comes with the seal.

Mike

Hi Mike. I use these kits from Motovan a lot. They are All Balls kits and seem to be decent. Made in Japan. Upper brg, lower brg and dust seal.

Motovan part # for steering bearing kit: #05-761 current retail $37.99 and in stock @ Motovan. Order through your Motovan DLR of choice... LOL :biglaugh:

Check this link:

Click here for catalogue, then scroll to pages 1028 and 1032

Also, if you punch "steering bearings" in search by text box it will give you a page you can click on (1029) to get into the ball park a little faster.

Hope this helps.
G Man

Last edited:
Back