New Boots came in today

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traumahawk

Reaction score
I stated thinking here a while back about need to get "true blue" motorcycle boots. As well as leather and armour to help protect my feet and lower legs, if I do wind up with a complete brake in the lower leg, boots will keep everything together, instead of allowing a foot to come off...etc. (I am a Paramedic...I do think about things like that).

So...this is what I got. Alpinestars Super Victory Retro Hi-Point Mototcycle Boots. Maybe a bit expensive, but I have 2 words for you....Snake Plisskin...need I say more?

They arent bad, the leather is a bit stiff...and thats to be expected, and the top is about an 2 inches below my knees. I can pull my jeans down over them.

As I'm getting older, I'm realizing that I'm wearing more armour while out on the bike. Thicker jackets, body armour in the shoulders and elbows, helmet, boots, and recently been looking at this. Back armour...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0095CY97E...TF8&colid=3FUPRCYQ1GRIC&coliid=I3N51BDI13KYLI

Attachments

• P1000088.jpg
    P1000088.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 87
  • P1000089.jpg
    P1000089.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 89
Snake would be proud...!!

Look cool as all hell:punk:.. I'm curious how they'll feel riding your Max. They'll break in a bit as well id imagine.

Lee:punk:

I stated thinking here a while back about need to get "true blue" motorcycle boots. As well as leather and armour to help protect my feet and lower legs, if I do wind up with a complete brake in the lower leg, boots will keep everything together, instead of allowing a foot to come off...etc. (I am a Paramedic...I do think about things like that).

So...this is what I got. Alpinestars Super Victory Retro Hi-Point Mototcycle Boots. Maybe a bit expensive, but I have 2 words for you....Snake Plisskin...need I say more?

They arent bad, the leather is a bit stiff...and thats to be expected, and the top is about an 2 inches below my knees. I can pull my jeans down over them.

As I'm getting older, I'm realizing that I'm wearing more armour while out on the bike. Thicker jackets, body armour in the shoulders and elbows, helmet, boots, and recently been looking at this. Back armour...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0095CY97E...TF8&colid=3FUPRCYQ1GRIC&coliid=I3N51BDI13KYLI
SNAKE PLISSKEN!!!!! Good one!!!

Good choice in boots, Snake....I mean Hawk....
A good friend of mine, a G.P., had to serve time riding with paramedics as part of his internship. As a result, he's horrified at the thought of owning/driving motorcycles. He had to help scrape too many riders off the asphalt after accidents.
Another friend, a R.C.M.P. officer, feels the same way.
How do you get your mind around this? I suppose your job makes you a much more "defensive" driver/rider??
Cheers!

Good choice in boots, Snake....I mean Hawk....
A good friend of mine, a G.P., had to serve time riding with paramedics as part of his internship. As a result, he's horrified at the thought of owning/driving motorcycles. He had to help scrape too many riders off the asphalt after accidents.
Another friend, a R.C.M.P. officer, feels the same way.
How do you get your mind around this? I suppose your job makes you a much more "defensive" driver/rider??
Cheers!

LOL...I am a VERY defensive rider. I enjoy the Vmax VERY much, but almost every upgrade done to it has been to make it handle better or to make it more stable, also to make it stop better. I guess in my own little way to make it safer, or at least safe to me. Radials are next on the upgrade list.

Did you see the link for the back protection that i want to buy?

Funny thing is though, about 7 years ago, after 15 years of being on an ambulance, now I'm a Paramedic on an oil platform in the Gulf of Mexico. Jan of 2009, some people that i knew were killed in a helicopter crash. Now THAT will mess with your head sometimes...

I guess that bottom line is this, life is finite. I worked calls of people being on a 2 ft step ladder, and fell of and broke their neck, or people that went to work, and just never came home.

Live your life while you have it, and enjoy it on your own terms.

Classic motocross boots. Very nice. I've had the same thought but never followed through.

I wear some pretty heavy duty work boots when I ride. Not as much protection as a dedicated MC boot but, better than tennis shoes/sneakers!

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

I took them out in 32 degree weather today, kept my legs pretty warm, be DEFINITELY need to get broken in.

Ahh yes, the old 'Hi Point' motocross boot. Loved that boot for my old motocross days. Still have them laying around somewhere....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing Ive figured out about mine.....they will take a while to break in.....lol

I've got mid length Alpines Eric. They wear in and feel so good I want to wear them all the time. But, I keep them just for riding. I went from a bandana for a helmet,and denim jacket to real gear with armor. Maybe it's got to do with getting older and seeing a lot, like you mentioned.
Steve-o

LOL...I am a VERY defensive rider. I enjoy the Vmax VERY much, but almost every upgrade done to it has been to make it handle better or to make it more stable, also to make it stop better. I guess in my own little way to make it safer, or at least safe to me. Radials are next on the upgrade list.

Funny thing is though, about 7 years ago, after 15 years of being on an ambulance, now I'm a Paramedic on an oil platform in the Gulf of Mexico. Jan of 2009, some people that i knew were killed in a helicopter crash. Now THAT will mess with your head sometimes...

I guess that bottom line is this, life is finite. I worked calls of people being on a 2 ft step ladder, and fell of and broke their neck, or people that went to work, and just never came home.

I agree. When your number is up, it's up. So enjoy your life while you can. I always wear all my gear. That's, imo, just common sense.

I like the Full Bore/Hi Point stuff. Durable, and designed w/a motorcyclist in-mind. I have an elderly Full Bore enduro jacket which will probably outlive me, and it's probably a 1970's era product.

I also have a pair of Norstar motocross boots by Italian sports boot manufacturer Munari. I bought them probably 40 years-ago and used to race hare scrambles in FL w/them. They look similar to these in the ad but are black w/red/white/blue front stripes. The buckles are a bit cumbersome, but the protection they provide is superb.

Yes, I-too will only ride w/protection, especially gloves suited to the task, after a road accident 32 years-ago left me recuperating for 2.5 mo before returning to work. Sideswiped by a car changing lanes on a bridge over the Intracoastal Waterway in SE FL. I'm lucky I stopped tumbling before the "cheese-grater" open-metal bridge grating began. I was on my way to work at fire-rescue east of the A1A roadway just north of Miami FL.

And, in-agreement w/the yellow highlighted phrase, I have had five of my fire-rescue coworkers die in the last 8 months. Three were younger than me, and had less time in service.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I like the Full Bore/Hi Point stuff. Durable, and designed w/a motorcyclist in-mind. I have an elderly Full Bore enduro jacket which will probably outlive me, and it's probably a 1970's era product.

I also have a pair of Norstar motocross boots by Italian sports boot manufacturer Munari. I bought them probably 40 years-ago and used to race hare scrambles in FL w/them. They look similar to these in the ad but are black w/red/white/blue front stripes. The buckles are a bit cumbersome, but the protection they provide is superb.

I like those boots!!!

Back