New Custom ONE PIECE shafts/gears

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CustomMax

Reaction score
Sean hooked me up big time!! And now it looks like between Sean and Steve there is a permanent fix or cure for the shaft/gears that MadMax (Paul) put in the earlier model big tire swingarm kits. Mine snapped at least 4-5 times and now Sean sent it out to the other side of the world and instead of welded together units mine will be the prototype one piece shafts that will be WAY stronger. I just got home and now to put this whole thing back together. But at least I have enough practice at it that it shouldn't take more than a couple hours. Have a few other things I'm gonna do to the bike also but with a little perseverence I should be riding tonight or at least by tomorrow. I can't thank Sean enough for really helping me out with this and hope I can find a way to really show him my appreciation. The workmanship looks AWESOME!!! Can't wait to ride... Stay tuned. Oh yea, THANKS SEAN!!! :worthy:

No problem and thanks to the Jedi connection too.

Sean

Attachments

• Billet Mad Max Gears.jpg
    Billet Mad Max Gears.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 97
Absolutely, Thank you very much Jedi as well. Now I'm just trying to find new seals and can't seem to locate them any ideas the numbers are TC 28 47 7 on one and SD 28 47 7 - 1

Can somebody give me some background on this as a max nub? To allow for a bigger tire and swing arm the drive shaft had to be adjusted? What used to be two pieces welded together is now a single crafted piece which should be much stronger. Does it replace the entire stock final drive? What does the bigger tire lot you? Just increased stability or does it do anything for your mpgs and 1/4 mile time?

I hope this takes care of your ongoing problem Ed!..........Will be looking for you at Thunder again next year!.............How about a small pictorial and description on where this piece fits in the modified drive for us not in the know....................Tom.

:th_image003::th_image003::th_image003: I can Imagine how you feel!This is Great news. way better then weldded!

This is the most psyched I've ever been since day one!! With this issue out of the way now I can actually plan nice long rides without having to have a support vehicle in case of a problem! I love the fact that now I can enjoy the bike and RIDE. Not that it was ever a trailer queen and I've been determined to ride no matter how much maintenance it took to keep it street worthy. And yes Tom I plan on a full pictorial to show exactly what I'm doing and then it will make a lot more sense to anyone who's never seen how this setup works. I can understand it wouldn't make sense otherwise. I just know that when you have a 10" rear tire, when you tach it up and pop the clutch, you better have a very good grip on the handgrips cause I've had the bike almost come right out from under me and that's no bullshit or exaggeration. It HOOKS up. Especially with the forward controls it can get a little hairy! But I'm not doing burnouts, don't really have the cash to just waste an expensive tire and abuse my bike so someone else can say WOW! Not my thing. I ride to have fun for me and not trying to beat the shit outta my bike for anyone. But I'll bet even though they say you lose HP with a bigger wheel and tire there has to be something quicker when there's Zero tire spin. Like I said, hold on.

Can somebody give me some background on this as a max nub? To allow for a bigger tire and swing arm the drive shaft had to be adjusted? What used to be two pieces welded together is now a single crafted piece which should be much stronger. Does it replace the entire stock final drive? What does the bigger tire lot you? Just increased stability or does it do anything for your mpgs and 1/4 mile time?

Actually, it's a front facing shaft into a larger gear chained ( transmission chain) into another rear facing gear/shaft then into a custom female connection drive shaft. Which allows for an 18" 8.5" rear wheel and 250 tire. All the shafts gears and chain are concealed. I'll post pics as I'm installing so you can see exactly how it works although I know that's gonna open the door for a shitstorm of criticism. But, oh well, I like it.

glad to hear your bike is gonna be back up! jedi's work is very good.

Thanks Garrett, yea I'm real happy once its done I'll have a much better bike all together. Got a good crew behind it and feel lucky to have their skills doing the fab work.

Good to hear the progress Ed! That's a lot of machining to produce a gear like that. Now go get that thing back on the road!

Sent from my iPhone 4S✨

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347825363.905144.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347825363.905144.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 44
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347825380.934078.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347825380.934078.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 43
Ed good too see you got the problems worked out and will now have a reliable set up to run , have you had any time too work on the led lights you wanted to do? Later Kurt

Ed good too see you got the problems worked out and will now have a reliable set up to run , have you had any time too work on the led lights you wanted to do? Later Kurt

I'm kinda concentrating on all the mechanics of the bike for now. I installed a 222 led light setup and plan on really going over the top over the winter this year so by late January it should be ready for the World of Wheels show again. But for now I just want to get some Autumn riding in through the mountains while I can and now thanks to Sean and Jedi I can!!! Thanks a million again guys! You guys really picked up my spirits when it looked pretty bleak. I wanna see ANYWHERE else with such cool helpful people on ANY forum. This place really is the MAX!!!

After being off the forum, this sounds like an amazing progression from last time I read about this.

I would love to actually understand what you did. Sounds very interesting indeed. Is there pics of what is inside your swingarm etc?

Very glad you got it sorted!

Latest posts

Back