New guy here

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stingray230sx

Reaction score
Hey guys
new guy here , i have owned my 1997 Vmax for a year now and posted an exhaust question in the tech section , but thought i would come uphere and just post about my bike:

this is how i bought it:
1997 Vmax Custom blue flames over black tank shell and fenders
UFO CYCLES Vgas kit
Kirker 4-1 exhaust
R1 Calipers/Stainless Brake lines
various aftermarket pegs/controls/mirrors(slowly fitting what i want)

Now its like this:
1997 Vmax Custom blue flames over black tank shell and fenders
UFO CYCLES Vgas kit
Kirker 4-1 header
R1 Calipers/Stainless Brake lines
Maxsport polished aluminum wheels with 18" Metzlers
UFO CYCLES Drag bar
current project is adding Joker Machine Oval Tec III mirrors and a set of Progrip 864 grips

next project will be some change to the footpegs ie:get rid of the Kuryakin's that the PO mounted on there , and this subject begs a question:

Not really wanting to go to a full forward control setup , does anyone other than Over Racing offer any different foot controls?
I would love to have their set that moves the foot controls approx 145mm forward and 20/30mm up/20/30mm down setiings , but they are a bit on the pricy side(got a lot of projects,ya know)

anyway, thanks for any info

doug hunt

Hi Doug and welcome to the forum. (Sorry I don't have input for you on your questions. I'll leave that to the experts.)

:welcome_sign: and :ttiwwp:

:cheers:

i know , i know , the bike is on my new lift(just got it friday) and is partly apart so i can replace the header gaskets and also i have to grind just a little on the left mirror tab so a socket head screw will sit in there flat from the bottom.

i will try to take some pics this evening after work when i start working on her.

thanks for the welcome !!

doug

Last edited:

OK here are some shots of my Vmax(filthy at the moment,ignore the nasty crap on the scoops)she will be a lot shinier(not a real word)by wednesday evening....

and yes....she runs like a..........well you guys know!!!!

doug

Attachments

• DSCF0273.jpg
    DSCF0273.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCF0274.jpg
    DSCF0274.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCF0275.jpg
    DSCF0275.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCF0276.jpg
    DSCF0276.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCF0278.jpg
    DSCF0278.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 35
Finally!!!! A Vmax dirtier than mine!!! :eusa_dance:

Just poking fun Doug...

Welcome!

Frank

Finally!!!! A Vmax dirtier than mine!!! :eusa_dance:

Just poking fun Doug...

Welcome!

Frank

Yeah, you would gain 1-2 horse if you would get that layer of dirt off. lol
I think the last time it was washed was when I did it after adjusting your valves.

Welcome!

Don't really know the answer to your question but for starters you can start browsing

Exactrep
Cycle one off
Motoboutique
Boxxenstopp
Wild hair accessories
MEK
Vmax bitz
Python

might run across something eventually

I wanna say Boxxenstop has some?? maybe..

Rusty

Oh, by the way, those Vgas carbs are horrible, you need to take them off immediately and send them to me to get rid of them for you, i'll even send you my stock carbs:biglaugh:

Dunno if I would do that deal Rusty....There were a couple sets of flatslides at the dyno day last year and they weren't the best performing bikes there. I think someone mentioned selling his right after that.

Frank

Back