New Max... 295 Hp? Info/rumor thread...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GOOD THING MY STOCK CAR TRAILER'S FULL OF RACE FUEL ! :stir pot: I'M ONLY JOKING ! IF IT WER'NT FOR THIS FORUM , MY WIFE WOULD BE RIGHT ! I WOULD'NT KNOW ANYTHING ! "LOL"

WHEN I WAS YOUNG I THOUGHT I NEW EVERYTHING ! NOW THAT I'M 45 I DON'T WAN'T TO KNOW A F@#%&*G THING , :rofl_200:FUNNY HOW THINGS CHANGE !

i learned scraping begs is not a problem on the max stock tires work great

I'M STILL BLOWN AWAY THAT MOTORCYCLES DON'T COME WITH RADIALS FROM THE FACTORY ! THAT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL ! IT WOULD BE WELL WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY ! AND A GOOD SELLING POINT ! :cheers:

i learned scraping begs is not a problem on the max stock tires work great

I felt the same way. With my wife on back, in the clover leafs i scraped my pegs and the exhaust. We also were nailed for a 131mph in a 70.thats another story
My point is I used to think the bike handled fine with stock set up but I then switched to 18's and radials. The handling improved substantially. But when you go back on a stock set up you then realize how substatial the improvement is.

I felt the same way. With my wife on back, in the clover leafs i scraped my pegs and the exhaust. We also were nailed for a 131mph in a 70.thats another story
My point is I used to think the bike handled fine with stock set up but I then switched to 18's and radials. The handling improved substantially. But when you go back on a stock set up you then realize how substatial the improvement is.

bump

thats good to know when tire time comes ill give them a try...have the stock Bridgestones G525 now..what brand radials you using

thats good to know when tire time comes ill give them a try...have the stock Bridgestones G525 now..what brand radials you using

In front I am running a metz roadtech z6 120/70/18 and the rear is a metz me880 200/50/18

Went to the Super Bike website and there was nothing on the Max. Seems there would be at least some comment to build up interest in the magazine.

This was posted on the VMOA site. Thought it was interesting.

This is a NO SHIT RESPONSE - I was sent an Email TODAY from Melvyn Haxby a VMOA member here in So. Cal. Link was enclosed to the Yamaha website. Had a video of the NEW V-MAX From the back to front view WITH the Rear Tire being put up in SMOKE - video ended w/ the bike coming at you w/ head lite on Bright. Also had a interactive bike that you could look at diff angles. LED rear brake lite - Speedometer is replaced with a large Tach w/ mph in led display like a sport bike. Did not give any specs to bike. It was up for about 10 mins today and was removed. I feel that it was a test and also to many hits on the website at that time - so was quickly removed. I hope that Yamaha listened and put 200+ HP to the rear.
Paul Pillen
VMOA Vice Prez

Linkage

With fuel prices going the way they are, Yamaha Japan my scrap the new V-max altogether. :damn angry:

Allegedly from the May issue of Super Bike:

Quote:
214 H.P. and $14995. 9.37 1/4 mile with 151.885 trap speed.
Dang.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

I went to this site and backed into a weight and rwhp number that gets to a 9.37 ET. http://www.amadragbike.com/horsepower.asp

Assumed a 650 lb bike wet weight plus 175 rider = 825 lbs
+ 198 rwhp
= 9.37 @ 145.4 MPH.

This site probably assumes a slick rear tire but it is a ballpark estimate.

Back