New Megasquirt version

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and more:banana::rofl_200::ummm::punk::th_drink:
how could it happen?

Cool.
I was considering using the vfr TB's but since they;re 36mm inside they could be not enough for modified engines.
I was also considering the gsxr600 TB's as they're direct fit into stock carburetor boots but, still not enough size - 38mm.

I decieded to use gsxr1000 42mm throttle bodies.

Cool.
I was considering using the vfr TB's but since they;re 36mm inside they could be not enough for modified engines.

If you work in-boost (v-bust) it turns out that one cylinder is running 2 throttle. and their diameter is quite hvatit.prichem connected they will as needed. that will improve performance at low loads.
and second, how the surface area of the ring formed by the movement of the valve? You can prikinut.kakoy diameter dish? a valve lift?

If you work in-boost (v-bust) it turns out that one cylinder is running 2 throttle. and their diameter is quite hvatit.prichem connected they will as needed. that will improve performance at low loads.
and second, how the surface area of the ring formed by the movement of the valve? You can prikinut.kakoy diameter dish? a valve lift?

36mm will only work for stock engine, however You will not make much more HP with them.
I think you will have a problems with tunning the engine with EFI and v-boost.

I will remove v-boost.

I have a plan to use second butterflies by stand alone device I will bulid, with using uC like AVR atmega.

But there are some chances that MS3 can control second butterflies by PMW.
I will be working with this.

That will be sweet if the MS3 can control a second set of butterflies. I just bought a set of ZX throttle bodies. They are 38mm.

I'm now trying to talk a friend's husband into selling me his wrecked Vmax. All I want from it is the engine so I have a building platform to work on so I won't have any down time while fabbing things. I can always build a jig if thats what it comes down to. He already said he wants to fix it up for his wife.

I hope to make that happen :)

MS3 has a couple of medium current outputs that can work in pulse widht modulation.

From gsxr600 TB's I have a second butterflies motor which is simple
coil with core. Core has a limited turn, it will only spin about 200'.
At 0V its at 0' and at 5V its at 200'. Fully ajustable :)
You just need to set a table with output voltage related to rpm and viola!

Newer TB's runs with stepper motor to control secondaries.
That will not work with MS3 on its curent stage but this can be done by stand alone device which I already electricly designed.

Im that lucky/unlucky men that I already have a toasted engine and heads :biglaugh:

Heres a thread with many TB's mesurments:

http://www.microsquirt.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6627

IMHO this is the most universal set of TB's:

GSXR1000_injection_600p.jpg

IMHO this is the most universal set of TB's:

I agree, there was a guy a while back on the XS forums who used a rack of GSXR throttle bodies with MS and injected his bike. If I remember right, he ended up removing the secondary butterflies from the TB's

Thats what people do mostly KJ.

But then Im reading about problems on low rpms or the problems at high rpms.
Pretty any EFI system for v-max sucks with throttle response at lower rpms, even wild bros(thats what I've heard).

But again, there was no much ways to control secondaries back in the days.
Todays its diffrent :)

But again, there was no much ways to control secondaries back in the days.
Todays its diffrent :)

Valid point :)

I was kicking myself in the butt when I ordered the new TB's.
I used to have a set of GSXR 750 tb's from when I was going to inject the XS.

When I ended up getting rid of the XS (or what was left of it after my nephew got done with it) They where thrown out, thinking I would never need them again. I could have saved me a few $ if I would have just pack-ratted them away.

I still have some XS parts, various engine covers, rods, pistons I'm going to put up on eBay. maybe I'll get enough from them to offset some on the MS

Yeah, I remember a story with your nephew. Thats sucks.
Hod did it ended if may i ask?

I have a set of gsxr750 TB's, one of a few types without secondaries.
Im not sure we're talking about the same?
I found first ones to big and complicated for v-max.
They're completly disassembled in the box. I will keep them for parts :)

httpgpz900r.seimagespicture_throttleGSXR750.jpg

Make/Model: GSXR 750
Year: -98, -99
Number of Tb: 4
Inside Diameter: 46mm
Center-Center (left to right from behind): 80-80-80mm
Overall Length: 91mm
Outside Diameter (intake): 54mm
Outside Diameter (filter): 54mm
Separate casting: Yes
Injector Make/Model: Keihin,
Flow Rate (45psi/100%): 240cc
Fuel Rail Inside Diameter:
Additional Info: No sec. throttles.

Those were also used in 750's but they came from 1000's and they're exactly the same:

httpgpz900r.seimagespicture_throttleGSXR75002_1.jpg

Year: 2002
Inside Diameter: 42mm
Center-Center: 80mm
Overall Length: ???
Outside Diameter (intake): 48mm
Outside Diameter (filter): 52mm
Injector Make/Model: Keihin
Flow Rate (45psi/100%):
Fuel Rail Inside Diameter: 2.4mm
Additional Info: sec. throttles controlled by ECU.

Yeah, I remember a story with your nephew. Thats sucks.
Hod did it ended if may i ask?

Not well for me, I was out;

2 engines
a falicon crank
corillo rods
weisco pistons
Dual stage NOS system
t3 turbo
MRE airshifter
racing trans
2 gas tanks
a front end
fiberglass promod body
MSD2 ignition
misc air tools and other tools turned up missing
and thats just from the top of my head.
He admitted to stealing a bunch of things around the house.
All and all the total is over $12k

But hey, can't do shit about it now, insurance on a 1980 bike that's dissasembled is next to nothing.
I still have a nice chrome-powdercoated 1980 XS1100LG frame in my basement. :)

Thats one of the reasons I ended up buying the Vmax. It was actually cheaper to get a new bike than it was to find another XS tear it apart and start over.

He ended up comitting 7 felonies (stole a car, a credit card, drained a bank account at an ATM, breaking an entering to steal money, and other shit) so it was off to Juvenile jail he went until he was 18.

Then he left the state to go live with his father and attend WyoTech. I thought that might be a good second chance for him, but apparantly not. Last I heard he didn't finish school and went back to jail and is now working on a farm.

Yeah,

Those were also used in 750's but they came from 1000's and they're exactly the same:

httpgpz900r.seimagespicture_throttleGSXR75002_1.jpg

Year: 2002
Inside Diameter: 42mm
Center-Center: 80mm
Overall Length: ???
Outside Diameter (intake): 48mm
Outside Diameter (filter): 52mm
Injector Make/Model: Keihin
Flow Rate (45psi/100%):
Fuel Rail Inside Diameter: 2.4mm
Additional Info: sec. throttles controlled by ECU.

This was the setup I bought. I bought it off eBay back in '04. What I was working on St. Paul Island. I would buy stuff and send it here in Fairbanks. It wasn't until 06' that I realized what had happened to my XS.

Back