New owner. Ready to get into the real info.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zubadenzie

Reaction score
Hello all. New owner, located in East Tennessee. Just got a nearly new 3k mile 2012. So, I have a few important questions;

1. What is the best oil to run in the VMAX?
2. Is Darkside safe and which tires are the best/longest lasting/best handling?
3. Which color is fastest?
4. And, finally, what's the best seat to add?

Just kidding! These are the usual topics that get people fired up on all of the other forum's I've been involved with over the years.

Thanks for allowing me to draw from the knowledge on this forum!

BMW K1600 Grand America. Loved the bike until I got sideswiped by a friend's Harley and totaled!
There is a guy that I would go riding with that has one of those. It had substantially more range than my 2002 Gen1. He would joke about the need to set up in flight refueling from the Beamer to the VMAX because I could never pass a gas station.

LOL! Yeah, the K bikes have range for days. Gonna miss that! But, they are super top heavy and no friend of low-speed maneuvers on questionable surfaces. When they start to tip over, they're going over. You can try to lessen the impact, but, especially with a passenger, where the top leans, so goes the bike. That does make it really fun in the twisties, tho! ;)

Nice bike!!! Any chance you ride near Martinsburg wv any? If so I'd like to catch up and put some miles on the bikes together its hard to find another max in my area.

Hello all. New owner, located in East Tennessee. Just got a nearly new 3k mile 2012. So, I have a few important questions;

1. What is the best oil to run in the VMAX?
2. Is Darkside safe and which tires are the best/longest lasting/best handling?
3. Which color is fastest?
4. And, finally, what's the best seat to add?

Just kidding! These are the usual topics that get people fired up on all of the other forum's I've been involved with over the years.

Thanks for allowing me to draw from the knowledge on this forum!
Answer to #3. BLUE is the fastest color. Gen1 or gen2.

Latest posts

Back