new personal best

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With a better launch you are going to be smokin!!!!

Your times on the 1/8 are not very good for the speeds you have, but you are making it up on the top end quickly! I was running 6.88 @ 107.5mph in the 1/8 and was getting 10.73 @ 129mph in the 1/4 with 1.75 60'. I'm willing to bet that if you keep it in first and work on the clutch control you will pick up 5mph in the 1/8th and I bet you have a mid to low 10 second bike. I am by no means an expert here, so I'm basically going off of my numbers and the gains I have made with NOS. I'm willing to bet you are very close to having 170 rwhp if not more. It really is amazing how the launch controls the rest of the run. Nice work!!!!!
Jeff

I am taking a new approach to this site since the moderator is very sensitive.
I will no longer chime in. If I have any comments I will post in the lounge or unless I am asked.
Last time I read the NHRA rules it was full leathers for 10.99 and faster on motorcycles.
When I race my VMAX I wear a Gear One Leather Jacket, Rocket Gloves and leather Simpson race ankle high shoes (almost like wrestling shoes).
When I raced pro I had a full Vanson suit custom made for my long lankee ass and a Simpson Helmet.
Some tracks require all motorcycles have a Thether Kill Switch, DOT approved bottle if your running pneumatics.. the rules go on and on.. Its really hard to say, the best thing to do is if your just going to a weekend warrior and race your local track call them and ask.
If your going to travel contact or goto the NHRA or the IHRA site and ask the approved safety equipment for what class you plan to particpate in.

Do you know the NHRA rules?

I think that at 115 or 120 or 10 sec 1/4 you have to be in full leather, boots, and tethered to the kill switch.

lankee where are ya, chime in here

Were you wearing the proper gear?

or is it the track's max speed?

I wouldnt recommend launching a VMAX in 2nd gear.
That bike has potential to run 6.60's in the 1/8 and around 10.20's in the 1/4 once you learn how to ride it.

new best quarter times
I ran in gainsville again on Jan 31st.
I tried and tried to get below my last best of 11.15 1/4
Did not happen launching in 1st , couldn,t keep my front wheel in check
so I tried a 2nd gear launch oh yeah
1.92 60'
7.2 1/8th
at 105.3 mph
1/4 at 10.86
at 130.6 mph in 4th gear at the finish getting better
not sure what the bike is capable of if I am running a 10.86 with a 1.92 60 ' all I know is 1.9 is slow for a stock vmax much less mine .
any ideas guys ?:punk:

I wouldnt recommend launching a VMAX in 2nd gear.
That bike has potential to run 6.60's in the 1/8 and around 10.20's in the 1/4 once you learn how to ride it.

I agree, guys who say that, and I've heard it plenty out at the track, are riding 400lb sport bikes......and most of the guys weight 140lbs dripping wet.....

If you launch the max in second gear you'll roast the clutch in short order.........

I'll never be the expert that some of the guys on this board are, but weighing 220 plus gear I'm still squeezing 1.77-1.84 range 60's out of my Max...I doubt I'll ever get any better than that with my skills.............just keep practicing......

Rusty

I'll never be the expert that some of the guys on this board are, but weighing 220 plus gear I'm still squeezing 1.77-1.84 range 60's out of my Max...I doubt I'll ever get any better than that with my skills.............just keep practicing......

Rusty

Rusty... I think you and I may have a pretty good race against each other. I think we are about the same weight and have about the same 60' times.

Jeff

Rusty... I think you and I may have a pretty good race against each other. I think we are about the same weight and have about the same 60' times.

Jeff

Last time I weighed in I was at 218.. I will race your street Nitrous VMAX in a head to head non handicapped race.
Non Nitrous Pass on a 15" Shinko Street Tire.. Not my fastest pass but I will do some tuning if I know I have a challenge.

Attachments

• Time Slip VMAX.jpg
    Time Slip VMAX.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 30
Back