New toy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The gas tank was not a aesthetically pleasing piece by any means. Looks much better without that huge tank. The only thing it was good for was keeping you planted in the seat under hard braking! But of course, your nuts will pay the price...hehehe. Get that Corbin off there and it will look acceptable right now. I do like the R1 tail on your bike though. Just remember guys, part prices just went up to fund the project...LMAO! Just kidding Kyle.

Todd
LOL ! I got a pretty good deal on this & cant keeep everything so I just have to sell my other bike to fund this one.

Holy Crap, When are we going to Mars... Better than you explained on the phone.... New Nickname for you,,,? Captain Rocketman Kyle.....

Firstly it looks way better with the normal faux tank and secondly I really hate you..

Those other covers are BUTT UGLY in my opinion lol.

Sean

Not sure which covers to which you are referring, Sean.

I would like to see a few shots of the gas tank, or that aluminum airbox cover, or whatever it is. I am guessing it's an auxilary tank? I don't think it looks too-bad from the side, but it might look like a tumor from the saddle. Howza-bout it, Kyle, some shots of the tank/airbox cover, maybe something from its underside?

Not sure which covers to which you are referring, Sean.

I would like to see a few shots of the gas tank, or that aluminum airbox cover, or whatever it is. I am guessing it's an auxilary tank? I don't think it looks too-bad from the side, but it might look like a tumor from the saddle. Howza-bout it, Kyle, some shots of the tank/airbox cover, maybe something from its underside?
Here ya go its a 3 gallon tank. kind of like the ones they sell in the uk for 1500 bucks.

Attachments

• Tourmaster & backrest 003.jpg
    Tourmaster & backrest 003.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Tourmaster & backrest 004.jpg
    Tourmaster & backrest 004.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 65
  • Tourmaster & backrest 005.jpg
    Tourmaster & backrest 005.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 62
  • Tourmaster & backrest 006.jpg
    Tourmaster & backrest 006.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 66
Dude its worth it to anyone. You told me the money involved in the original build that's awesom. As long as nothing else is bad in engine just bearing then its all good. I wish I had an extra tank going 90 miles and having to fill up sux! I can't even ride back and forth to work without putting gas in my bike!

Very cool!!!
I'm excited to find out what your going to sell off of it. I could see a little trouble for my wallet again...

He ain't selling it. He is making to his liking and keeping it. Who would be able to turn around and sell a pcw 1500?

Looks like I'm gonna have to plan a trip under the cover of darkness with a few juicy raw steaks for his alarm system so I can be the proud new papa of a Tourmaster. I guess I'd have to move out of the country then too too . Maybe I should rethink my diabolical plan...

Looks like I'm gonna have to plan a trip under the cover of darkness with a few juicy raw steaks for his alarm system so I can be the proud new papa of a Tourmaster. I guess I'd have to move out of the country then too too . Maybe I should rethink my diabolical plan...
LMAO ! I am not sure what I am more excited about getting the rims I have been wanting or the engine.

I guess your really gonna hate me when I tell you I paid 2,500 bucks for it.:biglaugh:
i_really_hate_you.jpg

Here ya go its a 3 gallon tank. kind of like the ones they sell in the uk for 1500 bucks.
oh so it's not the Marz "big air" cover. it's an actual auxiliary tank. hmmmm. how much of a PITA was it to take on and off? there was a newbie whose first post was for an auxiliary tank. i wonder if he is still in the market.

That's one helluva toy Captain! What a lucky find.. What's wrong with its motor?

I'm actually considering buying your '89 (it is a pre-01/1989 build, right?) as it may arrive before mine ever gets through compliance and it may help us explore the other shipping route we've been talking about. I need some ride here!! Then I can sell it for good $$ when mine eventually gets here.. let me know

oh so it's not the Marz "big air" cover. it's an actual auxiliary tank. hmmmm. how much of a PITA was it to take on and off? there was a newbie whose first post was for an auxiliary tank. i wonder if he is still in the market.

Hell that could have been me a while ago lol.

That tank is so ugly I almost like it lol. Yes that doesnt make sense, it would kinda be cool to have a tank you can attach for longer drives.

i_really_hate_you.jpg

The tanks has a quick connect & is tapped into the fuel line under the seat. It locks on just like the faux cover so to take it off turn the key & undo the quick connect.

That's one helluva toy Captain! What a lucky find.. What's wrong with its motor?

I'm actually considering buying your '89 (it is a pre-01/1989 build, right?) as it may arrive before mine ever gets through compliance and it may help us explore the other shipping route we've been talking about. I need some ride here!! Then I can sell it for good $$ when mine eventually gets here.. let me know
It has a spun rod bearing so its gonna cost a few bucks to fix .. My bike was built 12/88 so it beats the cutoff. I almost started taking mine apart today since I need all the cash I can get to fix this one and I know its worth more in pieces.

Back