NH CL vmax....?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ValveGod

Reaction score
http://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/1196505346.html

Seen this while browsing and was curious what you guys would have to say about it with the info the seller game. Bored to 1600cc and claiming 200hp. 2nd gear is gone and asking $2,000. I would think someone would ask for me considering the engine work despite the tranny needing some repair.

That's a shame because it's tough to find a max for the funds I have available right now. I don't want to turn this into a thread with a bunch of craiglist links but I was also looking at this Phoenix vmax. I have a grandmother who lives down there so it'd be a cool road trip back to Iowa.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/mcy/1195887409.html

the 1st one is prolly beat to shit:rofl_200:.

but the 89 is worth a closer look at least.

the second one doesn't *seem* bad but unfortunately u'll probably get what you pay for.

a good running or a max that just needs carbs cleaned or something is still probably worth 3k or 3500. i would save up the difference and look at spending in that range. the 4k range has TONS available right now out here (boston area).

if you want me to keep my eyes open out here i troll CL alot from about Central NY (utica -> where i am originally from) to boston (where i am now) and up to NH.

i can just post any results i find in this thread. no problems going to take a look at one as well if u wanted me to as long as its not too far eh?

http://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/1196505346.html

Seen this while browsing and was curious what you guys would have to say about it with the info the seller game. Bored to 1600cc and claiming 200hp. 2nd gear is gone and asking $2,000. I would think someone would ask for me considering the engine work despite the tranny needing some repair.

If my old memory serves me, this bike was on eBay a while back bosting of 200+ hp. You might be able to find the original thread about it here.

It was highly doubtfull of the 200+ hp then as it is now. Being as restrictive the cobras are and noticing he's using them. (same pics that were on eBay). He didn't respond to several emails when asked questions on the bike.

I'd stick with the stocker close to your G-ma.

Yeah, regarding vmax's I'd rather go with as stock as possible. It seems a lot of motorcycle resale prices are hurting with the way things are these days but the max's seem to be alright.... which sucks for me, haha. I really don't want to look in the $3k range because I'm also considering a Kawasaki zl1000 for $2400 or I seen tons of nice v65 Sabres for under $2k.

I have talked to Sean about any max's he might have in his possesion currently or may be attaining and I had considered going through him but I had also planned on having my settlement for a motorcycle accident I was in last November. Progressive is holding out, though and only wanting to give me $2500(like hell).

True, I thought about emailing Sean to see if he had anything laying around that could work. I called him, no OEM parts and he said the engine started to knock so he had it looked at. He was told that it was the rod bearing on cylinder #3 and I guess the oil pick-up is underneath that so he was told that got some metal.

I had also planned on having my settlement for a motorcycle accident I was in last November. Progressive is holding out, though and only wanting to give me $2500(like hell).

The other party in the accident, did he/she have insurance? Or was it an uninsured motorist case?

Either way, I wouldn't hold your breath. I was in a motorcycle accident back in 2004. An uninsured motorist without a drivers license pulled out in front of me at the last possible second.....I nailed his right rear quarterpanel, breaking my leg and totaling my bike. I didn't see any settlement until the spring of 2008. Progressive has the lowest insurance rates, but once you get in an accident and there isn't another insurance company willing to pay out, Progressive will do everything in their power to screw you. They tried to do that to me. Thank god for a lawyer who had dealt with those bastards before.

The old phrase "quality over quantity" rings true when it comes to insurance. Just because someone has the lowest rates doesn't mean that they are going to treat you well whenever you may need their help.

Back