NHRA PSM 09 Rules Change !!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lankeeyankee

Reaction score
:clapping: Well for all you that are sick and tired of seeing the V-Twin American engines dominate in the NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycles you will enjoy hearing the changes that NHRA has made for the 09 season..

I can see the Suzuki back in #1 again real soon hopefully at the Gatornationals this weekend in Gainesville, Fla.:clapping:

Harley can go back to cruising cause they sure arent going to make a name in racing after the 09 season !!!!

http://www.dragbike.com/dbnews/anmviewer.asp?a=2813&z=3

GO SUZUKI !!!!:clapping:

:clapping: Well for all you that are sick and tired of seeing the V-Twin American engines dominate in the NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycles you will enjoy hearing the changes that NHRA has made for the 09 season..

I can see the Suzuki back in #1 again real soon hopefully at the Gatornationals this weekend in Gainesville, Fla.:clapping:

Harley can go back to cruising cause they sure arent going to make a name in racing after the 09 season !!!!

http://www.dragbike.com/dbnews/anmviewer.asp?a=2813&z=3

GO SUZUKI !!!!:clapping:
harley been having success in brad racing havent been following drags so have no idea....lankee once get a harley it will be all over big stroker 4 1/4 pistion you would be in your glory...tel me about te rule change

I noticed the article was dated "Monday, March 12, 2007", in Oct '08 they released this

http://www.atcorace.com/artman2/publish/NHRA_Rules_90/NHRA_RULE_REVISIONS.php

NHRA posted that these are the changes for PSM for '09. (Looks like the suk's go on a diet too )

PRO STOCK MOTORCYCLE

Section 13
DESIGNATION
Page 206
DELETE:
“Suzuki (101 cid, 2-valve) – 605 pounds”
“Suzuki (101 cid, 4-valve) – 605 pounds”
REPLACE WITH:
“Suzuki (101 cid, 2-valve) – 595 pounds
“Suzuki (101 cid, 4-valve) – 595 pounds
BODY: 7
AIR INTAKES
Page 210
ADD:
“No external modifications allowed to NHRA accepted scoops”
SUPPORT GROUP: 9
COMPUTER/DATA RECORDERS
Page 210
DELETE:
“Can be used for information gathering only. Throttle operation, shifting, clutch actuation, etc. are to be solely under the control of the rider. See General Regulations 9:1, 9:2.”

REPLACE WITH:
“Data recorders permitted; must be NHRA accepted, standalone and used for information gathering only. Throttle operation, shifting, clutch actuation, etc. are to be solely under the control of the rider. Data recorders may not collect any information from the induction system other than engine rpm. Digital dash displays and digital dash displays with data recording capabilities are prohibited. All other instrumentation prohibited on dash with the exception of a shift light and warning lights (i.e. low oil pressure, fuel pressure). See General Regulations 9:1, 9:2.”

I want to see some class of racing........I don't care if it's cars, bikes, lawn tractors etc.....

Where STOCK means STOCK.....

Ya know......like anybody could go buy one........and go race it....

Why is that so tough to find??:ummm:

I want to see some class of racing........I don't care if it's cars, bikes, lawn tractors etc.....

Where STOCK means STOCK.....

Ya know......like anybody could go buy one........and go race it....

Why is that so tough to find??:ummm:
IHRA Pure stock.

IHRA Pure stock.

It ain't as stock as you think....:confused2:

Stock equals how the factory built it.....

Tires, exhaust and all......

The modifications get carried away in my opinion even at the "stock" levels.....

"ain't nothing STOCK about a stock car":confused2:

It ain't as stock as you think....:confused2:

Stock equals how the factory built it.....

Tires, exhaust and all......

The modifications get carried away in my opinion even at the "stock" levels.....

"ain't nothing STOCK about a stock car":confused2:
Pure Stock is a lot stocker than you think, and having some parts as they were from the factory isn't feasable, find me a set of tires froma 62 Vette with the same compound as they were back then. Besides, who wants to see a bunch of stock cars go down a race track, i can go to a stealership and see that.

Pure Stock is a lot stocker than you think, and having some parts as they were from the factory isn't feasable, find me a set of tires froma 62 Vette with the same compound as they were back then. Besides, who wants to see a bunch of stock cars go down a race track, i can go to a stealership and see that.

I think there is a place for both.....

But if ya gonna call it stock.....make it stock.....

Then have pro stock......super stock etc.

And I would love to see a bunch of truly stock cars go down or around a race track....don't know about anybody else......

Is it speed you are after or competition???

Two completely different things

Just my opinion:confused2:

:th_signs132::eek:ff topic sign::hijacked::eek:fftopic::protest::6a::ban00000::eek:fftopic::hijacked::eek:ff topic sign::bullshit::protest:

Correct me if I am wrong but what the fuk does stock cars have to do with NHRA motorcycles? If you want to see stock shit race goto your local track and watch a bunch of yo yos.....

:th_signs132::eek:ff topic sign::hijacked::eek:fftopic::protest::6a::ban00000::eek:fftopic::hijacked::eek:ff topic sign::bullshit::protest:

Correct me if I am wrong but what the fuk does stock cars have to do with NHRA motorcycles? If you want to see stock shit race goto your local track and watch a bunch of yo yos.....

I don't care what they are racing...... airplanes to Zambonis.....as long as the racing is good and the winner is not determined by money........

Guess that's why I don't watch much racing:confused2:

Missed the hole point... Just trying to stay on topic and at times one may add in a wise ass remark etc..
This thread was about the NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle Class Changes for the 09 Season..

Pro Stock Motorcycles has nothing to do with Stock as Stock Cars..

They have classes for this type of racing. If you are interested in it and other opinions start a thread and guess what? its free to start a thread here.. :clapping:
I am interested in the NHRA Pro Stock Class and like to hear others opinions on this type of thing.

Missed the hole point... Just trying to stay on topic and at times one may add in a wise ass remark etc..
This thread was about the NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle Class Changes for the 09 Season..

Pro Stock Motorcycles has nothing to do with Stock as Stock Cars..

They have classes for this type of racing. If you are interested in it and other opinions start a thread and guess what? its free to start a thread here.. :clapping:
I am interested in the NHRA Pro Stock Class and like to hear others opinions on this type of thing.

Point taken....

PRO STOCK MOTORCYCLE RACERS CRY FOUL :hmmm:
New Rule Legalizing 4-valve Harley-Davidson V-Rod Meeting Resistance ?

hines.jpg
Harley-Davidson is getting a new four valve engine configuration in 2009, as stated in the newly printed NHRA rulebook.

Suzuki proponents are crying foul and Buell users are just crying.

Suzuki proponents believe Harley-Davidson officials benefited from the process NHRA officials used to approve a new four valve Suzuki engine. They also believe that Harley-Davidson's official marketing status is behind the general lack of knowledge concerning the new engine configuration.

Did the rule change only come to light by a casual look through of the new rulebook? That is what some in the Suzuki camp are claiming.

Latest posts

Back