No more profiling by manufacturer!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thevmaxrider

Reaction score
Have to pass on an experience from my ride to a meeting this morning. On this forum and others I have heard a ton of profiling concerning riders of Harley's etc. by folks. Well today I had it re-emphisized to me that not all Harley guys are flaming arseholes and all Hells Angels arent that bad either.

Was cruising along the 401 hwy near Cambridge, Ontario at about 130km/h when I pulled past a Harley bagger cruising along. First thing I notice is the big ol Hells Angels patch on the back of his jacket followed by the Hells Angels emblem painted onto the tank of his bike. The gent never looked at me as I passed him so I quickly forgot all about it. Next thing I notice is a wheel pulling up alongside of me. Apparently he wanted me to pass so he could check out SnowMax. As he pulls up next to me he gives me a big grin and a thumbs up!! I nod and wave to acknowledge the compliment and roll onwards.

Well it just so happens that after cruising along for 50 km or so at a fairly brisk pace both of us pull off at the same exit. When I pull up alongside of him he flips up his face shield (was cold so he was wearing a modular helmet), grins really big, and says "That thing looks fun as hell to ride!!! Would lose my fucking license for sure!". After thanking him for the compliment I decided to show him what the SnowMax can do so I launched from the stop light and hammered through third gear before having to slow down to stop at a gas station.

As he passed my when I was turning the gent gave me a fist pump and thumbs up as he rode off. All in all not a bad guy and he has pretty good taste in bikes if you ask me.

Just wanted to pass along a positive HD experience and remind everyone that there are as many assholes on Japanese bikes as there are on Harleys.

Nice story Jim, and I agree, most riders of motorcycles are a great bunch and what you ride matters not!
I have friends that run the gambit from full on tourers all the way down to first timers riding 250cc crotch rockets. Pull off the helmet were all pretty much the same, we love riding! :punk:

i dont have have any issues with hog riders......or any other 4 that matter:rofl_200:. dont much care what they think about me either:punk:

Most folks like bikes....they like the one they have the best.....of course....

and EVERYBODY likes to bust on other people.....:biglaugh:

And no group of people is ALL bad....usually a small group giving the much larger group a bad name....IMHO

My experience has been that most (not all) bashing comes from the newer riders. Seems to be a peer pressure thing. Most of the old timers like all types of bikes. Almost every manufacturer makes at least one bike I would like to have. That said, my group of riders has fun bashing each others bikes occasionally but it is all in fun.

My experience has been that most (not all) bashing comes from the newer riders. Seems to be a peer pressure thing. Most of the old timers like all types of bikes. Almost every manufacturer makes at least one bike I would like to have. That said, my group of riders has fun bashing each others bikes occasionally but it is all in fun.

You see, that's why I had to seek out a no-bashing group to hang around with. Nobody else would let me park next to them. :ummm::ummm::ummm:

You see, that's why I had to seek out a no-bashing group to hang around with. Nobody else would let me park next to them. :ummm::ummm::ummm:

Intimidation is a wonderful thing!!!:rofl_200:

I used to hang with a couple of Outlaws - one was cool as hell, the other a dick. It's not the group, it's the individual. Even us VMAX guys have our saints & sinners...

Have to pass on an experience from my ride to a meeting this morning. On this forum and others I have heard a ton of profiling concerning riders of Harley's etc. by folks. Well today I had it re-emphisized to me that not all Harley guys are flaming arseholes and all Hells Angels arent that bad either.

Was cruising along the 401 hwy near Cambridge, Ontario at about 130km/h when I pulled past a Harley bagger cruising along. First thing I notice is the big ol Hells Angels patch on the back of his jacket followed by the Hells Angels emblem painted onto the tank of his bike. The gent never looked at me as I passed him so I quickly forgot all about it. Next thing I notice is a wheel pulling up alongside of me. Apparently he wanted me to pass so he could check out SnowMax. As he pulls up next to me he gives me a big grin and a thumbs up!! I nod and wave to acknowledge the compliment and roll onwards.

Well it just so happens that after cruising along for 50 km or so at a fairly brisk pace both of us pull off at the same exit. When I pull up alongside of him he flips up his face shield (was cold so he was wearing a modular helmet), grins really big, and says "That thing looks fun as hell to ride!!! Would lose my fucking license for sure!". After thanking him for the compliment I decided to show him what the SnowMax can do so I launched from the stop light and hammered through third gear before having to slow down to stop at a gas station.

As he passed my when I was turning the gent gave me a fist pump and thumbs up as he rode off. All in all not a bad guy and he has pretty good taste in bikes if you ask me.

Just wanted to pass along a positive HD experience and remind everyone that there are as many assholes on Japanese bikes as there are on Harleys.

Sounds like my accountant , but then again i used to work with a guy that had a HD nice fella but he said all other bikes were shit and would only ride with HD riders .

Back