Ny exhuast pop (thread re-loacted)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostntheshell

Reaction score
My exhuast pop (thread re-loacted)

At operating temp, when I rev the max to about 6k - for a quick burst, and then release the throttle quickly - I get a single loud pop from my exhaust almost as soon as I release the throttle.

I had also mentioned that I thought I might have an exhaust leak - and the reason I think that is because I think I can hear it. I will have to do further testing though.
________
buy solo vaporizer

Last edited:
At operating temp, when I rev the max to about 6k - for a quick burst, and then release the throttle quickly - I get a single loud pop from my exhaust almost as soon as I release the throttle.

I had also mentioned that I thought I might have an exhaust leak - and the reason I think that is because I think I can hear it. I will have to do further testing though.

Isn't this a symptom of an inlet air leak? :confused2:

i assume ya'll mean inlet as far as the exhaust ports?

i follow. i wasn't sure what u menat. both those will work. or starte fluid.. just be careful with that!

if you have an exhaust leak where the pipes go onto the head , or a leaky donut , when you let off the throttle or at a steady rpm , and the engine is kind of free wheeling . It can suck in fresh air & this will cause the unburned fuel mixed in with the exhaust gases in the exhaust pipes to burn , causing the pop noise . Anybody who ever blew-out a header gasket on a car nows this , when you let off the gas , all you hear is pop pop pop faster & slower ! Pop pop pop pop .

I just get one loud pop.

So - how do I actually check for this leak - like procesure wise..
I am going to be removing the exhaust shortly anyhow - but I'd like to diagnose this pop.
________
BMW K1

Last edited:
with the bike running spray the fluid on the boots n such and see if the rpms raise.. basically anywhere where air shouldn't be able to get in!

cap a rag over the exuast the leaky pipe should get louder don,t complety close it off just steady pressure hope this helps poppop

Well, I think I located the exhaust leak. I could feel the pulse of air with my finger. Front side of the engine.

Now to pull em off and have em ceramic coated, and hope my re-install will solve the leak. I'll try to gaskets too.
________
cheap vaporizer

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back