oil filter question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misiek93

Reaction score
So after reading countless posts about oil and oil filters I went to my local parts store and got Rotella T 15W40 oil and Mobil1 M110 oil filter. Got home and started to change my oil only to find out that the oil filter DOES NOT FIT :bang head:. The opening in the filter is smaller than the opening on the engine so it will not screw on.
Does anyone know what Mobil1 oil filter fits a 2006 model:ummm:

Check the number of the one you took off, if its not your choice of filter they should be able to cross refrence it to Mobil 1 filter.

Check the number of the one you took off, if its not your choice of filter they should be able to cross refrence it to Mobil 1 filter.

The one I took off is a yamaha part number, the thing is that this Mobil1 should fit, I also have fram and napa gold part numbers. I'll look at both of those on the way home today.

M-110 fits my 2006 with NO issues!
The only other thing I can think of is that someone put a different filter into the box at the store so the box has the part number I need but the filter inside was actually a different part number. :confused2:

The only other thing I can think of is that someone put a different filter into the box at the store so the box has the part number I need but the filter inside was actually a different part number. :confused2:
Not trying to be a dick, but this should be easy to discern--the filter should have a part number on it.

Not trying to be a dick, but this should be easy to discern--the filter should have a part number on it.
I looked for it quickly last night but didn't see anything than I threw it in a corner and went to sleep, it was almost midnight when I was doing this. I'll look again this afternoon, just thought maybe there is another part number I need to be using but it looks like there isn't.

If it was late, try again. If you don't get it lined up right, it'll act like it won't thread on.

Chris

Ok, it's official I'm an IDIOT! I had my wife look at the box and found that the part number I got was M101 not M110 :damn angry: (there is no part number on the acual filter, there was at one point but it is not legible).

At least I got the digits correct just not in the correct order :rofl_200: That's what I get for going to the store dead tired and not really paying attention. I'll pick up the correct filter this time on my way home and back on the road I go. :punk:

Back