One fast car!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Extremely fast for a Volvo....what a sleeper!

There are actually a few cars roaming the streets now-a-days that will eat up ZX14's and Busa'a s with no problem. Even turbo superbikes or ones spraying NOS. I know someone who participates in some of these races. He has a 400+ HP turbo Busa. His friend has a 1500+ HP Lambo. The Lambo can beat up on just about anything out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_3WiQK_mjM

Those are some seriously fast cars. Just wish the guys had enough sense to take them to the track and stop putting everyone in danger by racing machines like that on public highways. Just had a serious accident outside the gate here at Andersen AFB Guam, some IDIOT decided he could go fast and try and pass everyone. Lost control and killed himself a grandmother, aunt and a 10 year old in the process. The only survivor was the older cousin in the car that idiot hit, the other 3 passengers and the idiot were DOA. Wish people would learn...

Only takes one person to change lanes and there would be bodies everywhere. Especially the bikers...

That said, I used to do the same thing just the bikes were slower. The fastest bikes during my stupid days were under 160 mph.

Those are some seriously fast cars. Just wish the guys had enough sense to take them to the track and stop putting everyone in danger by racing machines like that on public highways. Just had a serious accident outside the gate here at Andersen AFB Guam, some IDIOT decided he could go fast and try and pass everyone. Lost control and killed himself a grandmother, aunt and a 10 year old in the process. The only survivor was the older cousin in the car that idiot hit, the other 3 passengers and the idiot were DOA. Wish people would learn...

I agree......some of this stuff looks like it takes place where there is a lot of traffic.

I'm not condoning any type of street racing but at the very least they could do it on a deserted piece of road at 4 AM.

When I was a teenager we used to race cars on a local highway (divided, 2 lanes on each side), but we would actually stop all of the traffic on our side and then run a 1/4 mile stretch where there was no entrance to the road and plenty of room to brake. It would only take about 2 minutes to get the whole thing off.

Funny Donnelly posted this. I just picked up the S60 R Volvo Friday.
It comes with the upgraded package from Volvo's Racing partner called Polestar.
So you get the special front and rear bumpers, big wheels and grippy tires, huge brakes, active suspension so no body roll, all wheel drive, turbo with special mapping, heavy duty sway bars, custom interior with large side bolster seats with heat ( yes I use it here in south Florida!) all the Volvo safety items like blind spot warning, auto braking if you are going to hit something at speed. Of course they throw in the Sattelite radio, Bluetooth, USB, 7 inch monitor and enough computer monitoring that you need a book to learn it.
I got white with black inside. A sleeper for sure! I got 200 miles on it so far.
Google S60R Polestar 550 horsepower for a look see.

There are Supras around Houston, where the video with the yellow viper was done, that will eat those cars for
Lunch.....surprised they weren't in that video but I'm thinking those guys have gone more legitimate.

This is just part of why insurance is so stupidly expensive in Texas.

Posted with my thumbs.

Insurance is stupidly expensive in Texas because 30% of the population is uninsured illegal's who can't speak
English, don't know or care about road rules, and can't read road signs.

If you don't carry uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage in Texas your crazy.

Insurance is stupidly expensive in Texas because 30% of the population is uninsured illegal's who can't speak
English, don't know or care about road rules, and can't read road signs.

If you don't carry uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage in Texas your crazy.

Well that, too.

Most cars are faster than bikes from roll ons around 70-80 mph.

I raced some twin turbo vettes with some of my other bikes, I would walk them from a dig or a 20 roll. But run from an 100 mph roll on and they jumped me fast and I couldnt catch up. They have aerodynamics that bikes don't have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OteDZBuisfM

The ZX10 totally shows this. Stretch the race out to really top end speeds and totally built cars have the areo advantage. But what was also funny, is the chase camera on the Busa, passed the struggling stock zx10 by like nothing! LOL

Todd

Back