One Year To The Day..............Ho, Ho,Ho

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
It's been exactly one year to the day since I posted pictures of SkullDuggery for last years December Mod Monkey Contest. I took the bike out, not knowing if it would run long enough to get me there or home. I ran a Police Blockade to get some of the pictures. Once they ran me down and found out what I was doing, they wished me luck and left me alone. The bike didn't run perfect but lasted long enough to get me out and back home safely. I started the bike up the next day and it completely ran out of gas before I even backed it out of the garage. What a frigging lucky night I'd had. Unbelievable... BTW: That bike runs perfect this year....:confused2:after lots of work..... Thanks to all the help here on this Amazing Forum.....

I posted pictures of Strafer, the day after Christmas, last year. I just looked back at both sets of pictures. It's amazing what a newer camera can do.. I took Strafer out tonight to a couple places where I had taken pictures of the 89 last year. Just not in the mood to have a run in with the Police tonight, so I skipped one stop. The Christmas Cards in the background of the first 3 pictures are done each year by school children. I think this will be a normal stop for me to do holiday bike pictures. The second set of 2 pictures is at an apartment complex in Old St. Pete.. They have an amazing display for a very small complex... Gotta love the little guys who do so much at Christmas..

I won the December Contest last year. :band:

Well,,, to the point of this thread, :merrychristmas:to all and a Happy New Year....:clapping:
Dave in Florida

Attachments

• Strafer 1.jpg
    Strafer 1.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Strafer 2.jpg
    Strafer 2.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Strafer 3.jpg
    Strafer 3.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Strafer 4.jpg
    Strafer 4.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 51
  • Strafer 5.jpg
    Strafer 5.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 45
Sorry its cold where most of you are. It was 80 degrees F inside. We had to run the AC tonight. Not much like Christmas here. Mary and I are going to look at the lights tomorrow night on the 89........

Last edited:
Merry Christmas Dave, all my friends in FL and everyone else here!

Great Xmas here in Freo, 31C all day long with blue skies and a light breeze. Now all I need is a bike to ride!

:)

NaughtyG, I know how you feel... I'm waiting on a custom speedo bracket and inner rear fender to finish my built. I hate Xmas without my bike.

Right now it is 5 years (almost to the minute) since I bought Veronica!

Merry Xmas Dave and everyone else, from the land down under!

Thanks to all. We put off accepting invitations to Christmas Eve and Day. We have one friend who is alone and we wanted to be there for him if he didn't receive any invites. He has a party to go to now so Mary and I will spend some time with her brother and his wife. Take care of those who have no one. Holidays are very difficult for them...

Dave

Damn Dave.....it's been a year already?? Wow!!

:merrychristmas: to everyone from BRC we hope :santa: brings you lots of stuff!! :clapping:

Thanks to all. We put off accepting invitations to Christmas Eve and Day. We have one friend who is alone and we wanted to be there for him if he didn't receive any invites. He has a party to go to now so Mary and I will spend some time with her brother and his wife. Take care of those who have no one. Holidays are very difficult for them...

Dave

This forum constantly reminds me of how good some people in this world are, and how I can make myself better.
Thank you Dave and Mary. To me you are role model citizens.

dannymax: Time flies now that we're getting older..:confused2:

mgosset1: It's only Mark's 4:2 System with Lief Blower Tips....:rofl_200:

Redbone: I got a number of cards and well wishes. 2 cards and a box of Whitman's Sampler Candy from my Wife.
I'm happy to be alive, have great Children and Grand Children. Everything's very good for me....

Wow Thanks bazwell... Mary and I have had good, long lives. Our hope is that we can influence the world in some
small ways so that when we leave it, things are just a little better.

To continue with this tradition, Mary and I took SkullDuggery out to see the Christmas Lights. We stopped at 2 places
again and did pictures of the bike. Again, the opposite VMax, pictures one year from the date I posted a year ago.....

Attachments

• SkullDuggery 1.jpg
    SkullDuggery 1.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 10
  • SkullDuggery 2.jpg
    SkullDuggery 2.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 9
  • SkullDuggery 3.jpg
    SkullDuggery 3.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 11
  • SkullDuggery 4.jpg
    SkullDuggery 4.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 9
  • SkullDuggery 5.jpg
    SkullDuggery 5.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 10
Looking good! I'd say I'm jealous of the weather but then I wouldn't have time to do my projects to the bike cause I'd be riding! LOL

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Looking good! I'd say I'm jealous of the weather but then I wouldn't have time to do my projects to the bike cause I'd be riding! LOL

Yup......that's my excuse too and i'm sticking to it!! Hope everyone had a GREAT Christmas!!!

Sometimes Christmas comes later than usual. Dave, good pics, are you gonna keep taking them on different bikes ea. yr? A good tradition.

Yup......that's my excuse too and i'm sticking to it!! Hope everyone had a GREAT Christmas!!!

Sounds as good as any excuse to me too! LOL hope everyone had a great Christmas too and have a happy safe new year!

Fire-medic, I guess if I can remember to do this each year. Not sure what other bikes may make it into the pictures
but there will always be atleast one VMax. I'll probably use other places in the future. We saw some houses done up in
ways, they would make Disney World jealous.

I have so many projects going on right now but they're all 4 wheels. Sometimes I wish for a nice heated barn and snow
on the ground instead of the threat for rain we have here tomorrow. I don't have any more cover to move the cages to
so I can work in adverse weather.

Back