PAJ 1 and PAJ 2 screw settings

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daves86vmax

Reaction score
I'm a novice mechanic for the most part but the owner that had the bike before me was as mechanically inclined as Homer Simpson.Is there any ballpark setting for the PAJ 1 and PAJ 2 screws?I'm pretty sure he had them turned all the way in when i first took the carb apart so i have no idea of the correct settings.I could go on about the things i found as i went through the bike but it's a hell of a list.thanks:th_people557:

Adjust each mixture screw by sound. Turn each all the way in. Engine tone should've changed....like shutting off that particular cylinder. Now, slowly turn out until engine recovers and then turn out additional 1/2 turn. Do the same for the other 3 mixture screws. Make sure you carbs are sync'd. I usually perform both adjustments simultaneously.

PAJ1 and PAJ2 are actually pilot jet screws. They do not have a setting. They are simply screwed into their respective holes fully, but not too hard or your will damage them.

If you are talking about the A/F (air/fuel) mixture screws, then Mark's instructions in his reply are what you need.

Latest posts

Back